Q. My younger brother is about to get married. His sperm count is nil. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My younger brother is about to get married. He has a problem of "dry ejaculation" which disables him to masturbate. It seems like his body does not produce any semen at all. He has the sexual pleasure just like normal people, the only problem is that he does not have any semen.

He visited a few doctors and they ran a few tests on him like sperm count. The tests were quite disappointing as there was no sperm at all. Some doctors said that he has to undergo a biopsy of the testis tissue to make sure the organ is healthy and then look for other causes of the problem. But my brother is afraid of this biopsy because he thinks that this biopsy can hurt his testis forever.

Is there any solution to his problem? How can he overcome this issue? Is biopsy the only solution to his problem? Is it safe to go for the biopsy?

#

First of all, I would like to tell you that biopsy is completely safe. It hurts very minimally, only like an intravenous injection. During a biopsy, a small piece of tissue (from the testis) is taken for examination and there is no risk of damaging his testis forever. The biopsy of the testis is one of the options out of many tests which have to be done before complete diagnosis.

Nil production of semen is more likely due to blockage of ejaculatory duct. Before going for biopsy of the testis, he should go for checking the patency of ejaculatory duct. If they have already checked this in the tests which were conducted earlier, then he can go for the biopsy.

Consult a urologist online for further clarifications --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|