Q. My younger brother is about to get married. His sperm count is nil. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sperm Count or Low Sperm Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My younger brother is about to get married. He has a problem of "dry ejaculation" which disables him to masturbate. It seems like his body does not produce any semen at all. He has the sexual pleasure just like normal people, the only problem is that he does not have any semen.

He visited a few doctors and they ran a few tests on him like sperm count. The tests were quite disappointing as there was no sperm at all. Some doctors said that he has to undergo a biopsy of the testis tissue to make sure the organ is healthy and then look for other causes of the problem. But my brother is afraid of this biopsy because he thinks that this biopsy can hurt his testis forever.

Is there any solution to his problem? How can he overcome this issue? Is biopsy the only solution to his problem? Is it safe to go for the biopsy?