Q. Tests could not find mature sperm. Is there any way to become a biological father?

Published on Aug 01, 2019

Testicular biopsy and micro TESA could not find a mature sperm and FSH is high. Is any more treatment possible such that I could become a biological father?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing today? The results do not look favorable. As per your blood results, testis has atrophied, confirmation done by biopsy (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, as per reports, there are no sperm-producing cells in testis. No one can make these cells artificially with medicine. So, unfortunately, you cannot be a biological father. The only option is donor sperms.

| 

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?

Article Overview: The absence of sperm in semen is called azoospermia. If you are suffering from this condition, you can get it treated, which will increase the chances of you becoming a biological father. Read Article

What Is Azoospermia? About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a...  Read Article

Gondotropin levels show moderate testicular failure. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, He is 30 years old, and his height is 6ft. Gondotropin levels show moderate testicular failure, but no treatment was given. We had a micro TESE done for him, and no abnormalities were found. What does it mean? Should he have received medication to support this?  Read Full »

What are my chances of becoming a father?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, f...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now