Splinting

My wrist pain is better at rest and comes back on work. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have wrist pain (right wrist), tingling feeling when trying to pick something up or when writing or holding a spoon/fork (right hand), forearm gets slightly bigger when massaged and gets back to normal size when iced, pain radiated all the way to my upper back (at one certain point/...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from right wrist pain, tingling sensation during picking up or writing or holding something, forearm becomes slightly bigger during messaging, and pain radiated towards the upper back. B...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swelling and bruising caused by gymnastics?

Query: Hi doctor, I did some gymnastics on the trampoline and landed on it funny. Then, it started to hurt painfully. Now, it has bruised and swollen. I can only bend it backwards and not forward. Could you please help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a bruise over the metacarpophalangeal joint that is at the base of your fingers. You might not be able to move it in all directions because of hematoma in that region or some tendon o...  Read Full »

Please help me get rid of pain due to ankle sprain.

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic ankle sprains in both the ankles. I have this for maybe a year now. I went to PT and have been doing exercises. But, about a week ago, my ankle began to pop. It is happening once in a while. It really hurts and I have to pause for a couple minutes for the pain to settle. Is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this in my clinic. I give them a splint, rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack till the swelling reduces to som...  Read Full »

I need your opinion about the need for surgery for a thumb injury.

Query: Hi doctor, Basketball hit my mother's left thumb and there is a regular pain for some two years now. The skin becomes harder in that area. Also, that arm becomes thinner as compared to the other arm. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was the basketball injury and how was it treated immediately? Was there any x-ray or doctor visit at that time? If so, kindly send them. The two recent x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seem to suggest first carpometacarpal joint arthritis, whic...  Read Full »

How to treat curled fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I had carpal tunnel, radial and ulnar nerve surgery. A tumor was removed from my elbow on the ulnar nerve. Then my two little fingers have no feeling and are completely curled in along with my thumb. For this my surgeon advised nerve transplant surgery. When I went for second opinion, not...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting a tumor removed off the ulnar nerve from the elbow will take at least six months for the nerve to regenerate the sensations till down your little finger. Getting tingling and burning sensations are good as this is a sign of nerve regeneration. You should take medi...  Read Full »

How to get rid of numbness in front teeth and gum following injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I fell last Sunday and hit my face including my front teeth. Four teeth and top gum become numb for the past eight days. I can bite my teeth though I feel numb. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Do you find any changes in the way your teeth rest? Do you find any tooth that hits when you bite on? Any tooth sensitivity? Any fractured or chipped tooth? This is not normal and you need to visit a dentist straight away and get your jaw ...  Read Full »

How can fracture in finger can be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fracture of the bone joint on my right hand ring finger which was caused by a road traffic accident were I was hit by a van pulling out of a side road. I was due surgery to repair the injury last month. The surgeon decided not to operate as under the live X-ray he was able to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well there is intra-articular fracture of base of middle phalynx of your ring finger (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If I would be the surgeon then I would have gone for operative treatment because intra-articular fractures need perfect reduction. If h...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

Why does my mobile tooth hurt even after splinting?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question regarding my lower front tooth. It was luxated and I when I visited my dentist, he said he could save the tooth and he put a splint on my lower six front teeth. He said I should wear it for six months and that, in time, would heal. It has been four months now but I sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have become normal by the third month and in the next three months, it might become more firm. But, if you are still having pain and pressure then it indicates that it might not be saved and ultimately might go for extraction if luxation is grade 3. If luxation...  Read Full »

Why do I have acute pain in my right knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acute pain on the right side of my right knee. I am not able to walk as usual. The local doctor diagnosed it as a ligament tear. He suggested to take rest and wear a knee pad. One month is over, and there is no improvement seen yet. There is also little swelling and pain. I am n...  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age, profession, and how you developed the pain (like after a slip or after a fall or just by itself). When you have a limp that has not settled over one month and you do not have balance when you walk then it is not normal. You have to be p...  Read Full »