Splinting

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

Why does my mobile tooth hurt even after splinting?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question regarding my lower front tooth. It was luxated and I when I visited my dentist, he said he could save the tooth and he put a splint on my lower six front teeth. He said I should wear it for six months and that, in time, would heal. It has been four months now but I sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have become normal by the third month and in the next three months, it might become more firm. But, if you are still having pain and pressure then it indicates that it might not be saved and ultimately might go for extraction if luxation is grade 3. If luxation...  Read Full »

Why do I have acute pain in my right knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acute pain on the right side of my right knee. I am not able to walk as usual. The local doctor diagnosed it as a ligament tear. He suggested to take rest and wear a knee pad. One month is over, and there is no improvement seen yet. There is also little swelling and pain. I am n...  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned your age, profession, and how you developed the pain (like after a slip or after a fall or just by itself). When you have a limp that has not settled over one month and you do not have balance when you walk then it is not normal. You have to be p...  Read Full »

How to treat a discolored tooth after a trauma?

Query: Hi doctor, Around a month ago, I had a dental trauma on my lower three incisors. The teeth have moved slightly from their original position. My dentist has advised me for a root canal for all the three teeth. Now before two days, he started the process, and one of my teeth has turned black. What ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I feel that the dentist has to stabilize your teeth first if they are mobile. It can be done by splinting. RCT (root canal treatment) is usually done to the teeth if the trauma has involved the pulp. Discoloration or pink teeth usually occ...  Read Full »

Following fracture, my finger appears to be tilted. How to correct it?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a crack in my ring finger. But, after the plaster, the finger tilted towards the little finger. How to get it straight? It has been one week since the plaster is removed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One week is a good time to correct any deformities in the finger, if you do not feel that it is straight. Do not delay. Seek immediate consultation or upload the x-ray and show it to me as soon as possible. Also, upload the clinical photograph of the finger. I can see and...  Read Full »

My front tooth is moving after a hard bite. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have bitten an olive pit accidentally, and now, one of my front teeth is moving. There is no pain, and I have a slight sensitivity to cold and hot foods. But now I cannot bite anything using my front teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of mobility due to trauma on the teeth. The sensitivity and mild pain are due to inflammation around the teeth. Follow these medications. Take tablet Acelofenac 100 mg along with Paracetamol 500 mg two times a day for five days. It reduces the swelling, and...  Read Full »

What is the treatment given for fractured tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell down and I got knocked in my front right incisor and it does not move back. It is also a permanent tooth. I am taking tablet Vyvanse.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry, we can manage it. First of all, do not touch it or try to push it back into position. Do not bite on that tooth. There is bleeding which is from the gums (as the picture i...  Read Full »

My front tooth is loose. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My permanent incisor tooth number 10 is little loose and bled once. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your loose tooth. Your tooth number specifies upper left lateral incisor, which has the smallest root among the upper teeth and is vulnerable to any difficult circumstances. I suggest you get an IOPA (i...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for PIP joint fracture?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 21 year old female. Last week, I was playing basketball and ended up jamming my finger. The next day, I went to the ER and they took x-rays and said I have a possible PIP joint fracture around my volar plate. They said I have to go back in 10 days for more x-rays. Since then, the sw...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the fracture (assuming it was there), was not seen on the first x-ray, then it is likely to be very small. Also, it indirectly means that there was no dislocation. I do not think in this circumstance that there will be any surgery indicated unless the joint is highly u...  Read Full »

I hurt my little finger while playing, and the X-ray shows no fracture. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain around the bone of the little finger. It is just below the end of the finger, near the joint of the bone joining the palm. I did an X-ray and no crack was shown. I play cricket. So, I experienced this after taking a catch two months ago. It pains every ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is mostly a ligament and capsular sprain of the fifth metacarpophalangeal joint. Just taking rest will not suffice. You need to strap it. Do an extended buddy strapping. It is a buddy strapping that extends to the palm area. Alternatively, you can use a Capener spl...  Read Full »