Q. I have acute pain on the right side of right leg knee. I am not able to walk as usual.

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 13, 2018

I have acute pain on the right side of my right knee. I am not able to walk as usual. The local doctor diagnosed it as a ligament tear. He suggested to take rest and wear a knee pad. One month is over, and there is no improvement seen yet. There is also little swelling and pain. I am not able to balance while walking. It pains when I walk. I have attached my x-ray.

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

You have not mentioned your age, profession, and how you developed the pain (like after a slip or after a fall or just by itself). When you have a limp that has not settled over one month and you do not have balance when you walk then it is not normal.

You have to be personally examined, and if necessary, an MRI scan of the knee has to be done. You could have a problem in the meniscus (a washer-like structure between the bones) or the ACL, PCL, PLC, etc. (ligaments or cords that connect the two bones). These are best seen only on an MRI. Meanwhile, please continue rest, splinting, and analgesics.

|