Q. Can I wear crepe bandages while sleeping?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have had sprains in the wrist joint. I used to work with this sprain, but yesterday I had swelling in that area, and I was asked to relax. I took a painkiller and applied topical ointment. I was made to wear a crepe bandage over the swelling by my family as they were worried about my health. My doubt is, can a crepe bandage be used while sleeping?

Please help me, doctor.

#

Yes, you can wear it at night but make sure that it is not too tight and that the fingers do not swell. Keep making a fist, and preferably do not apply ointment underneath the crepe bandage.

Take the bandage off during the day to apply for ice for fifteen minutes, preferably three to five times a day.

|