Q. Why am I having creamy and black teeth with bad smell?

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal

I am 18 years old. My problem is the teeth has become white for the past few years. The back portion of the teeth has become dark or black. Teeth are quite creamy. Often a bad smell spreads out from my mouth. My mother also suffers from this problem. I use whitening toothpaste but all are in vain. So, please doctor help me and give me a suggestion.

#

I read your query and can understand your concern. It seems like you have staining of teeth and plaque accumulation. Our mouth contains a great number of resident bacteria. Sometimes some individuals have staining bacteria which leads to physiological stains. This is not any pathology or disease. This staining often leads to plaque accumulation and bad smell from the mouth. You need professional teeth cleaning (scaling and polishing) regularly (usually every six months). Continue brushing twice daily with any toothpaste that suits you.

|