Dental Plaque

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

How can I whiten my orange colored tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are orange in color since I was born. What is the treatment to make them white?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. In case, there is any sort of stains, plaque or calculus, you need to visit a periodontist and get oral prophylaxis done with post-bleaching. In case, there is thin enamel and the yellowish discoloration ...  Read Full »

I have creamy and black colored teeth with bad smell. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My problem is the teeth has become white for the past few years. The back portion of the teeth has become dark or black. Teeth are quite creamy. Often a bad smell spreads out from my mouth. My mother also suffers from this problem. I use whitening toothpaste but all are...  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. It seems like you have staining of teeth and plaque accumulation. Our mouth contains a great number of resident bacteria. Sometimes some individuals have staining bacteria which leads to physiological stains. This is no...  Read Full »

I have pain in the left molar region and bleeding gums. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have extreme pain in my left molar region, and I also have swollen gums that bleed while brushing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your bleeding gums and gingivitis. You need to keep brushing your teeth even though it bleeds. And you also need to get your teeth cleaned (oral prophylaxis).Probable causes:Plaque. Calculus. I suggest ...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

How to prevent bleeding on brushing?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should use Betadine gargle as mouthwash twice daily for 15 days to reduce the swelling of gums and bleeding and also to keep your teeth clean. It would be better if you could go to a dentist for physical evaluation. Ask your dentist to do cleaning of your whole mouth...  Read Full »

How to remove plaque and tartar at home naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, How to remove plaque and tartar from teeth at home by natural means?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clean your teeth twice daily and use a mouthwash after brushing. Eat fibrous food. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Rinse your mouth with salt water after every meal. Rub a banana peel on the teeth once a week. For more information consult a dentist online --...  Read Full »

What is the cause for bleeding, swelling, and pain in the gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding, swelling, and pain in the gums. Please suggest tablets for getting relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding gums are due to inflamed (simply, swollen) gums. The most probable cause is calculus (hard deposits) and plaque (soft deposits) irritating the gums. The treatment is to get a professional cleaning (scaling) done by a dentist. You can do lukewarm salt water garg...  Read Full »

How can dental plaque and sore gums be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My gums are feeling sore. There is also a very bad building of plaque. Basically, I have a phobia of the dentists and I have a very bad plaque on the bottom of my back teeth. Previously I have had fillings on the back of my teeth. I now can feel a part that is about to fall and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not need to be worried or scared on seeing dentists. Just like another doctor and a beautician, they treat people for their good health and good lifestyle. Your teeth are really in a bad condition. This is not a plaque, it is calculus. It is a hard deposit of ...  Read Full »

I have plaque deposits on my teeth. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I have plaque deposits on my teeth and gums. My gums bleed often, and they are receding. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is calculus deposits over your gums. It occurs when the plaque is not removed properly with brushing, and it starts becoming hard due to calcium deposits over it. It accumulates more and mo...  Read Full »