Q. My son suspects to have genital herpes. Is it safe for my pregnant daughter to be near him?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

My 26-year-old son suspects to have genital herpes. He had one outbreak of something in his genitals about six weeks ago but no other symptoms. He has not seen a doctor nor has he had any testing. He does not believe he has it. He is going to spend this weekend with his sister who is 10 weeks pregnant and her 1-year-old son. He has not told his sister anything about this. Should I be concerned about the possibility of him infecting his pregnant sister or her son?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Since there is no evidence of the infection, there is nothing to worry about. However, it is always better to get checked once and take necessary precautions.
  • Just try to avoid sharing the toiletries in case you are suspicious about genital herpes.
  • As the pregnancy is a state of low immunity, better be careful.

Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|