Q. My son suspects to have genital herpes. Is it safe for my pregnant daughter to be near him?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 04, 2017

My 26-year-old son suspects to have genital herpes. He had one outbreak of something in his genitals about six weeks ago but no other symptoms. He has not seen a doctor nor has he had any testing. He does not believe he has it. He is going to spend this weekend with his sister who is 10 weeks pregnant and her 1-year-old son. He has not told his sister anything about this. Should I be concerned about the possibility of him infecting his pregnant sister or her son?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Since there is no evidence of the infection, there is nothing to worry about. However, it is always better to get checked once and take necessary precautions.
  • Just try to avoid sharing the toiletries in case you are suspicious about genital herpes.
  • As the pregnancy is a state of low immunity, better be careful.

Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Post herpes attack, I am suffering from Bells's palsy. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Post a severe attack of herpes on the left shoulder, left ear (in and out), chest, and back I am now suffering from Bell's palsy on the left side. Symptoms are as follows: Cannot raise left eyebrow. Cannot tighten left nostril. Cannot move lips (left side). Left eye constantly w...  Read Full »

Is the cut by the side of penis a herpes infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cut by the side of my penis and I do not know where it came from. I found when there was a little pain there. I was wondering if this is herpes. I last got oral sex a few months ago.  Read Full »

NT scan shows placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal os. Can I travel?

Query: Hi doctor, Our 12 weeks NT scan indicates developing placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal OS. The doctor advised 30 days complete bed rest. I need your opinion on the same case and also doing an ultrasound scan after two weeks. This scan was done 10 days back and since then I am...  Read Full »