Q. Can shoulder joint pain indicate the recurrence of Still's disease?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
Published on Mar 25, 2019

I am 48 years old, male. Two years back I was diagnosed for Stills disease and treated with steroids. Then it was under control. Now for the last four months, I am having severe shoulder joint pain restricting my left-hand movements MRI done shows mild arthritis, frozen shoulder, etc. No medicines are taken, only some exercises prescribed by physio are being done. I am afraid whether there will be a recurrence of Stills disease and I am scared. Please suggest some remedy.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Do not worry, Still's disease is only on clinical diagnosis present like intermittent fever, arthritis, and rash (not itching). Usually, there is no confirmatory test for this. Depending upon joint pain long lasting more than six weeks, with rash, pleurisy and body pains, etc. Before confirming it is one more episode of Still's flare-up. You may evaluate for rheumatoid arthritis, Gout, hypothyroidism, and frozen shoulder. So get it done ESR, CRP, Ra factor, ANA and hemoglobin status. Use tablet Naprosyn twice a day for five days. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. If symptoms not improved please review with above reports or consult your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

All About Childhood Cancers

Article Overview: Cancer in children is a rare disease, but still, they are the third major cause of death of children under the age of 15 years. Until five decades ago, a majority of the children who suffered from cancer would succumb to their disease. But now in developed countries, nearly 75 to 80 % of children survive. This has been made possible by continuous research and use of chemotherapy. Read Article

Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Pediatric oncology is now a well-recognized super speciality of oncology as well as pediatrics. The cases of childhood cancer are treated by trained and qualified pediatric oncologists. The incidence of childhood cancer worldwide varies between 80 to 140 cases per million children. It is the ninth m...  Read Article

How can dry eyes with burning sensation be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, What can be happening to my eyes? I was diagnosed with dry eyes. But even with mist, night gel, lid wipes, eye vitamins, drops, my eyes keep closing from the burning and discomfort like grit. No red eye or itching. Current medication: Parkinson Sinemet, Neupro patch, Equip, Doxycyclin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dry eyes which is this severe and resistant to treatment can be caused due to a number of factors. Doxycycline is usually a drug we reserve for extreme cases and it takes a few weeks before it can start to act. Firstly, the same mechanisms causing parkinsonism may b...  Read Full

Why am I having joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the joints.  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have not mentioned which joints are paining and whether you have swelling of joints also. Your vitamin D level is low (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so you need to start taking supplements for it (capsule Lumia 60k) onc...  Read Full