Q. I get joint pains, 3 to 4 times a month. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2017

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from joint pains from last two years. I get pain in fingers, palms, knee joints, heels, and soles. I consulted doctors few times, and they tell me to take Colchicine, Dolo, Myotop, and Nucoxia, whenever I get pain. But these days, I am getting the pain very frequently, like 3 to 4 times a month. I do not know what to do. Can you please suggest what to do? I have attached my reports for your reference. Thanks.



Welcome to

  • This seems to be related to inflammatory arthritis. Your lab reports are not clear, please attach them again. Regards.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -->

Hi doctor,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached my reports for your reference. Now, I have pain in the right-hand little finger with swelling. Generally, after taking medicines, the pain gets cured but next time, I get pain in some other joints. This is happening from last two years. I am totally confused. If I take these painkillers regularly, it is not good for health? I also took Vitamin D medicine for two months, as I am still having pain. I request you to tell me what might be my exact disease and how to cure it. Thanks.



Welcome back to

  1. Anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide).
  2. HLA-B27 (human leukocyte antigen).
  • I suggest you try taking the following:
  1. Tablet Wysolone (Prednisolone) 5 mg, thrice for three days. Then twice daily for three days and finally once for three days. It is a total course of nine days.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days after food.
  3. Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice for 30 days before food.
  4. Tablet Vitamin D (60 K) units, once daily for 10 days, then once a month for 11 months.
  • Take these tablets only if you are not allergic to them. Follow-up immediately in case of any adverse reaction.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How can I manage constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

.. with Iron and Calcium supplements. Take fiber rich diet and plenty of fluids. Take laxatives and cranberry juice for constipation and bladder symptoms. You can have an active bladder and chronic constipation. Get a urine examination, thyroid profi...   Read full

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

 I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months ...   After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient ident...   Read full

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

.. pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be rela...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.