Q. I get joint pains, 3 to 4 times a month. What to do?

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Aug 08, 2017

I am suffering from joint pains from last two years. I get pain in fingers, palms, knee joints, heels, and soles. I consulted doctors few times, and they tell me to take Colchicine, Dolo, Myotop, and Nucoxia, whenever I get pain. But these days, I am getting the pain very frequently, like 3 to 4 times a month. I do not know what to do. Can you please suggest what to do? I have attached my reports for your reference. Thanks.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• This seems to be related to inflammatory arthritis. Your lab reports are not clear, please attach them again. Regards.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Thanks for the reply. I have attached my reports for your reference. Now, I have pain in the right-hand little finger with swelling. Generally, after taking medicines, the pain gets cured but next time, I get pain in some other joints. This is happening from last two years. I am totally confused. If I take these painkillers regularly, it is not good for health? I also took Vitamin D medicine for two months, as I am still having pain. I request you to tell me what might be my exact disease and how to cure it. Thanks.

Dr. Lokesh

#

1. Anti-CCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide).
  2. HLA-B27 (human leukocyte antigen).
  • I suggest you try taking the following:
  1. Tablet Wysolone (Prednisolone) 5 mg, thrice for three days. Then twice daily for three days and finally once for three days. It is a total course of nine days.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days after food.
  3. Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice for 30 days before food.
  4. Tablet Vitamin D (60 K) units, once daily for 10 days, then once a month for 11 months.
  • Take these tablets only if you are not allergic to them. Follow-up immediately in case of any adverse reaction.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report or image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings.

For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age

Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »

What vitamin deficiency causes muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now