Q. I have joint pain. Please help.

Published on Oct 31, 2018

I have pain in the joints.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post, you have not mentioned which joints are paining and whether you have swelling of joints also. Your vitamin D level is low (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so you need to start taking supplements for it (capsule Lumia 60k) once a week for eight weeks. Do RF (rheumatoid factor) and anti-CCP to rule out arthritis.

| 

There are no swelling in the joints.

#

Then most likely it is because of vitamin D deficiency. Start the supplements.

| 

What to do for low Vitamin D levels?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I took blood tests for hemogram, fasting sugar, and vitamin D. My vitamin D is too low. It is lower than 3. I have tiredness and joint pain too. Please suggest some medicines and diets.  Read Full »

Prevention of Joint Pain in Old Age

Article Overview: Joint pain in old age is a major concern that should not be ignored. Most of us suffer from knee pain or back pain after an age. If we follow simple measures in daily routine then most of these conditions can be prevented. Read Article

Dr. Tiwari

Knee joint pain and backache especially in the lumbar region is a very common problem. Almost every one suffers from these problems in life either because of unhealthy lifestyle or some disease. In most cases, these are preventable and treatable, but due to lack of knowledge most people suffer from ...  Read Article

How can arthritis be confirmed?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now