Q. What can be done to manage stomach pain with frequent stools?

Dr. Rufiat Kazi
Published on Feb 14, 2019

My mother, 53 years old, has been suffering from severe stomach pain for the past few days. It started with running fever and dysentery 10 days back and both have subsided. Since then she has following complaints of stomach pain, have to pass stools after every food intake, stool 4 to 5 times a day, severe tiredness. She had recently done her yearly general health check-up and no abnormalities were found. Please let me know how I should get her treated.

Dr. Rufiat Kazi

Community Medicine Family Physician
#

Has she taken any medications when she was having a fever and dysentery?

She just took Calpol and Lopamide.

Dr. Rufiat Kazi

Community Medicine Family Physician
#

Please give her tablet Ofloxacillin with Ornidazole twice a day after food, tablet Pan-D twice a day before food, capsule Nutrolin B twice a day after food. Loperamide has just stopped her loose motions and given her symptomatic relief. You will need to complete this course for five days. Also, give her food that is less spicy and less oily. Ask her to drink lots of water. Do not worry, she will be fine by the end of the course of medicines.

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full »

When to Worry About Diarrhea in Children?

Article Overview: Diarrhea is dangerous for a child. It appears harmless, but slowly it makes the child sick. It makes the child pass out and to be brought to the hospital as an emergency. Here are some tips to look for the danger signs of diarrhea.  Read Article

Dr. Vishnu K R
Paediatrician

Diarrhea: Passing watery stools is diarrhea. It does not cause much harm if the child has no dehydration, but medical help should be sought. The doctor is the one to determine whether the child has dehydration or not. It is a more dangerous if the kid has vomiting along with watery stools....  Read Article

I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. P...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now