Q. What can be done to manage stomach pain with frequent stools?

Dr. Rufiat Kazi

My mother, 53 years old, has been suffering from severe stomach pain for the past few days. It started with running fever and dysentery 10 days back and both have subsided. Since then she has following complaints of stomach pain, have to pass stools after every food intake, stool 4 to 5 times a day, severe tiredness. She had recently done her yearly general health check-up and no abnormalities were found. Please let me know how I should get her treated.

#

Has she taken any medications when she was having a fever and dysentery?

She just took Calpol and Lopamide.

#

Please give her tablet Ofloxacillin with Ornidazole twice a day after food, tablet Pan-D twice a day before food, capsule Nutrolin B twice a day after food. Loperamide has just stopped her loose motions and given her symptomatic relief. You will need to complete this course for five days. Also, give her food that is less spicy and less oily. Ask her to drink lots of water. Do not worry, she will be fine by the end of the course of medicines.

|