Q. I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole for two days without a relief. What could be the reasons? And what should I do?

#

Darker color stools are not a good sign. Kindly do a stool examination and visit your family physician for a thorough check-up, so that he can determine the exact cause for your discomfort.

There are many reasons like peptic ulcer, a bacterial infection of the stomach, inflammation of the stomach or intestines, amebic or parasitic infestation and many other causes which could be diagnosed only after a check-up and investigations. I have named just a few common ones. Kindly do not ignore and meet up with your family physician at the earliest.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|