Q. What is the treatment for increasing streach marks?

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am suffering from severe stretch marks problem, which is increasing day by day. What can I do to get rid of it? And also I want to remove the old marks which are present near my belly, armpits and above shoulder. Please help.

#

Please do mention your age whenever you ask any query in the future. If your stretch marks are new, then it will be reddish. If it is old it will be whitish, the response to new stretch marks are good whereas old ones respond less to creams and ointments. Please try shea butter or cocoa buttercream in the day time and Retin-A (Tretinoin 0.025 %) cream at night for a month. If you do not find any response, then you have to visit a doctor to undergo laser therapy.

|