Q. Can the blood clot in sclera be due to an infection?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

I have got blood clotting since the past two days in my right eye, in the part of the sclera. I have no idea whether it is an infection or not. I am currently using Moxicip eye drop to see whether I get any relief. I have used other home remedies like washing my eyes with cold water. Please suggest me what has to be done.

#

By going through your query, I understand that you are suffering from a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It is a self-limiting condition although cosmetically disfiguring, it causes no pain or any watering. I advise tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) to help in faster recovery and cold compresses at night. If you have discharge from eyes or watering and difficulty in seeing bright light and pain, let me know.

|