Q. My wife got hurt in her right eye with redness and pain. Kindly advise.

Dr. Asha Barboza

My wife's right eye is reddish due to hit by my 3-year-old son while playing. She has reddishness and pain since this morning. I need advice as we could not reach any doctor out here. Please help.

#

I had a look at the photo you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage from the image, but I would appreciate it if you could send a more clear picture which I can enlarge to confirm.

Is her vision normal? Any blurring or watering present? Is the pain mild or severe? Was the child's fingernail involved or just a blunt injury with the hand? Let her use a cold compress with an ice pack wrapped with a cloth thrice daily, or use a cold water bottle with a cloth if ice not available for two days.

Moxifloxacin plus Ketorolac eye drops can be applied four times a day for one week. If pain is very severe, let her take Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg after a meal.

She is having mild pain. No blurring or watering. Our kid poked with his finger, but his nails were trimmed.

#

That is good. Use a cold pack two or three times a day until you can buy the eye drops I suggested. I have written the generic name. Suggestions are Moxicip KT, Moxigram KT, or Moxiblu KT, depending on what is available in your city.

The redness will take at least five to seven days to disappear completely. If the pain persists, then you will have to meet an ophthalmologist when possible.

|