HomeAnswersGeneral PractitionersweatingI have a sensation of bubbles surrounding mt heart upon waking up. Why?

Can GERD cause a sensation of bubbles around the heart?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 17, 2023
Reviewed AtJuly 20, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 44-year-old male who has a weight of 215 lbs and a height of 5’11. I woke up in the middle of the night with some sweating and a warm body. When I get seated it feels like all my blood just went down to my lower body but I feel better when lying on my left side. When I wake up, I have a sensation in my upper stomach which feels like a lot of bubbles surround my heart. Please help.

I can understand your concern. I suggest you take the following measures: Continue taking the tablet Nexium (Esomeprazole) for 10 days before food, eat food early at around 7:30 to 8 pm, not later than that as it needs time for digestion, do not eat food and sleep directly. Sit or walk for an hour after having food, reduce consumption of raw meat or raw vegetables, eat less sugar, and avoid sugary drinks and alcohol, drink lots of water and check your blood pressure tomorrow morning before breakfast, and follow up with me for further advice. I hope this helps you. The probable diagnosis is GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and postural hypotension. Follow-up tomorrow with a blood pressure reading. Thank you.

Probable diagnosis

The probable diagnosis is GERD, Postural hypotension.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan
Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Orthopedician and Traumatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

gerdsweating

Ask your health query to a doctor online

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy