Swimmer's Ear

How can I get rid of swimmer's ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have swimmers ear and I do not know how to get rid of it and now my ears hurt extremely bad.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com If you have diffuse otitis externa then you must rule out malignant otitis externa. If you are immunocompromised or a diabetic you need to worry about the same. It will be prudent to get a culture sensitivity swab of the discharge from the ear whenever you have the condi...  Read Full »

Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Regarding your ear pain, it is most likely what is called otitis externa which is an infection of the outer canal of the ear most likely fungal. Wet ear is the most common cause also called swimmer's ear. The most appropriate management: ...  Read Full »

I swallowed a lot of water at the swimming pool and now feel sick. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I was swimming in a pool that had salt water in it. I went underwater and accidentally swallowed the salt water. It burned my nose and my throat. I woke up today dizzy and my throat kills and my nose still does. I keep coughing up mucus. I also keep sneezing. What should I d...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello,Welcome in icliniq.com.I understand your concern. You are likely to have an acute upper respiratory tract infection, and associated labyrinthitis as you have vertigo. Now, you are advised to take: Tablet Paracetamol. Tablet Betahistine 16 mg thrice daily. Steam inhalation. Antihist...  Read Full »