Q. What can be done to get rid of swimmer's ear?

Published on Dec 08, 2018

I have swimmers ear and I do not know how to get rid of it and now my ears hurt extremely bad.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

If you have diffuse otitis externa then you must rule out malignant otitis externa. If you are immunocompromised or a diabetic you need to worry about the same. It will be prudent to get a culture sensitivity swab of the discharge from the ear whenever you have the condition.

A permanent solution would require you to avoid water entry into the ears. Anti-inflammatory medicines like Trypsin-Chymotrypsin will be contributory to remove the edema and swelling inside. Appropriate antibiotic drops will lessen the bacterial flora. Acetic acid drops are available which restore the pH inside the ear canal and prevent bacterial growth. An otoscopic examination can rule out otomycosis which requires anti-fungal drops. Do revert back if you require any further support.

Why the ear pain increased after using prescribed ear drops?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months back, I had ear pain and according to the doctor, I had a fungal infection and got my ear cleansed and prescribed some drops for my ear to be used. As I used those ear drops my ear pain got increased and it turned into a very severe pain that I start feeling that some fluid...  Read Full »

Ear Discharge: How to Tackle the Problem?

Article Overview: Ear discharge or otorrhea is commonly seen in both children and adults. It mostly happens due to infection. It has a variety of other causes as well and leads to complications if not treated early. Here, we discuss the causes and management of the condition. Read Article

Dr. Bindia

Ear discharge or otorrhoea can occur in both perforated and non-perforated ears in children and adults. It may be of short duration or may persist for a long duration and be recurrent. There are various causes of ear discharge which are discussed below. Causes of Ear Discharge: Outer ear infecti...  Read Article