Q. I am having fever on and off. Could this be swine flu?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
Published on Jun 23, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am feeling feverish since yesterday. My sister is not well, and I was around her during the day. She went to a second doctor after 15 days of sore throat, pain, weakness, vomiting, fever, cough, phlegm, and breathlessness. Her new doctor asked her to do a chest X-Ray and CBC. He said that the medicines she was taking were not working. He also gave her some syrup and a mild tablet to take until she gets the report. He hinted that, in swine flu cases, it is hard to diagnose. During the time I was around her even two weeks ago, it was like this. I used to get fever starting late in the evening, and then after taking Dynapar, it would go. I am taking Dynapar twice a day. What could it be? What medication should I take?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

Since these episodes are noticed after an exposure to a patient, you need to be careful.

• Flu, which is viral in origin, is very quick to spread. As it is a respiratory infection, it spreads through the air we breathe.
  • I suggest the following: 
  1. Tab Dynapar (a combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) 500, thrice a day.
  2. Take plenty of oral fluids.
  3. Get a complete blood count, if this persists.
  4. Injection Fluvax (influenza vaccine) IM, a single dose vaccination.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now