Q. I am having fever on and off. Could this be swine flu?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

Hello doctor,

I am feeling feverish since yesterday. My sister is not well, and I was around her during the day. She went to a second doctor after 15 days of sore throat, pain, weakness, vomiting, fever, cough, phlegm, and breathlessness. Her new doctor asked her to do a chest X-Ray and CBC. He said that the medicines she was taking were not working. He also gave her some syrup and a mild tablet to take until she gets the report. He hinted that, in swine flu cases, it is hard to diagnose. During the time I was around her even two weeks ago, it was like this. I used to get fever starting late in the evening, and then after taking Dynapar, it would go. I am taking Dynapar twice a day. What could it be? What medication should I take?

#

Since these episodes are noticed after an exposure to a patient, you need to be careful.

• Flu, which is viral in origin, is very quick to spread. As it is a respiratory infection, it spreads through the air we breathe.
  • I suggest the following: 
  1. Tab Dynapar (a combination of Diclofenac and Paracetamol) 500, thrice a day.
  2. Take plenty of oral fluids.
  3. Get a complete blood count, if this persists.
  4. Injection Fluvax (influenza vaccine) IM, a single dose vaccination.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|