Q. From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Dr. Krishna Somani

From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.

#

Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I have uploaded all the reports.

#

I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you get the following tests done.
  1. Urine osmolality test.
  2. Ultrasound of the bladder, post-void.
  3. 24-hour urine volume.
  • If these tests are positive, then you will need a water deprivation test for a day, which will confirm that it is diabetes insipidus. For which medicine is in the form of a nasal spray.

The urine volume was 3.5 liters after consuming 2.5 liters of water. What should be done?

#

• Kindly attach the reports of the same to guide you better.

I have attached the report.

#

I saw the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your urine osmolality is very low and total urine volume is high, which means your body's ability to concentrate urine is very weak. This condition is called as diabetes insipidus.
  • Diabetes insipidus is of two types, central and nephrogenic, and the treatment is different for both. To differentiate them, you need to get admitted for a day and undergo a water deprivation test, which will clear the line of treatment.
  • You need to consult a nephrologist for this, but once we come to the exact diagnosis, treatment will be effective.
  • Until then, drink water equal to your urine output, so that you do not get dehydrated.

For further queries consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|