Q. From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Dr. Krishna Somani
Published on May 09, 2017

From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.

#

Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I have uploaded all the reports.

#

I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I suggest you get the following tests done.
  1. Urine osmolality test.
  2. Ultrasound of the bladder, post-void.
  3. 24-hour urine volume.
  • If these tests are positive, then you will need a water deprivation test for a day, which will confirm that it is diabetes insipidus. For which medicine is in the form of a nasal spray.

The urine volume was 3.5 liters after consuming 2.5 liters of water. What should be done?

#

• Kindly attach the reports of the same to guide you better.

I have attached the report.

#

I saw the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your urine osmolality is very low and total urine volume is high, which means your body's ability to concentrate urine is very weak. This condition is called as diabetes insipidus.
  • Diabetes insipidus is of two types, central and nephrogenic, and the treatment is different for both. To differentiate them, you need to get admitted for a day and undergo a water deprivation test, which will clear the line of treatment.
  • You need to consult a nephrologist for this, but once we come to the exact diagnosis, treatment will be effective.
  • Until then, drink water equal to your urine output, so that you do not get dehydrated.

For further queries consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency. Secondly, the CBC (complete blood...  Read Full

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also. Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support. The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abd...  Read Full

Ask a Nephrologist Now