Q. I have SLE. Kindly check my blood reports and explain if something is wrong.

I am a 39-year-old female with lupus (SLE). I just recently had some bloodwork done and was curious about a couple things. I had several things that were high. My EOS was 5.5 %. CRP 2.6 mg/dl, vitamin B12 was 1678 pg/ml, creatinine was 1.06 mg/dl, AST was 57 and ALT was 65 u/l and last my glucose was 106. It indicated that these were high. However, my BUN/ creatinine ratio was 6.6 and it says that is low. I am wondering if these are all connected and if I should be concerned about it.

#

Your serum creatinine is a slightly high, not much elevated. So, mild kidney involvement can be present because of lupus. Your urine eGFR (glomerular filtration rate) and protein estimation also should be done. Eosinophil can be high because of allergic inflammation and CRP (C-reactive protein) can be raised in any inflammation. Your vitamin B12 is slightly high, so it can be because of mild kidney involvement or can be from taking Vitamin B12 supplement if history is present of taking it.

ALT, AST also mildly elevated and it needs to be monitored. If your SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) flares then non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug can be prescribed for that. You can consult a rheumatologist for examination and further management. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|