Q. I am 68 years old and had experienced tachycardia 12 times. Should I meet a cardiologist?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 10, 2019

I am a relatively healthy 68-year-old female who has been having episodes of tachycardia while at rest. This started three months ago. I also have dizziness while reclining mostly at night. I do have medicated high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and GERD. I do seem to tire easier also. I play tennis three days a week and walk over 10,000 steps every day. My watch indicated 12 times I have had tachycardia. Should I go to a cardiologist about this?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

You have dizziness problem while lying down if you have frequent episodes of dizziness in lying down position than positional vertigo can be possible. For which physiotherapy can be beneficial. You need to check your blood sugar and hemoglobin level as well. You have mentioned that you have a high blood pressure problem. So persistent hypertension can cause a light headache and dizziness. If blood pressure not controlled by exercise, then medicine needs to be given for that.For tachycardia, you need to investigate with 12 lead standard ECG testing. You can consult nearby internal medicine specialist for your detailed evaluation as discussed above. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I have osteoporosis. Will I be able to conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old married female. I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. I am really worried whether I would be able to conceive or not. Please suggest me some advice.  Read Full »

Ayurvedic Approach to Osteoporosis

Article Overview: The bones become weak and brittle in osteoporosis, that even minor injury leads to fracture. Anyone can develop osteoporosis but it is very common among women over the age of 50 years. Read Article

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Osteoporosis is a degenerative bone disorder. In this disorder, the density of bone is decreased leading to bone weakness and fractures. What Causes Osteoporosis? Low levels of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D. In menopausal woman, due to lack of oestrogen osteoporosis occurs. A...  Read Article

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »