Q. The skin in my chin has peeled and is sore. What to do?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2020

Hi I have recently tanned the skin on my chin became dry and now has peeled the patch is now whiter the my other skin. Just peeled and became sore. Attaching a photo.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology
#

Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are keeping safe 1) I have seen the attached photo and read your brief history, it looks like you are having Photodermatitis/ hyper sensitivity to sunlight . Other conditions to be ruled out are - Atopic dermatitis ( skin allergy caused due to genetically linked allergies like dust allergy, asthma, Rhinitis) - Eczema - Irritant dermatitis 2) You can apply - Desonide lotion ( Thin layer ) only on the lesion at night for 2 weeks - Cetaphil/ CeraVe moisturizer to apply on face morning and night - Cap. Antoxid HC once daily for 30 days - Cetaphil soap for face wash twice daily. - T. Cetrizine 10mg once daily at night for 5 days. - La shield sunscreen SPF 50 morning and afternoon Review after 2 weeks . 3) Please follow some measures - Avoid 11am to 3pm sunlight - Apply sunscreen 2 hours before getting out in the sun - Wear a cap/ carry umbrella - Do not scratch area , as it can lead to secondary bacterial infection - Do not use soap cleansers/ irritants - Avoid make up products until flare up reduces. - Have food rich in anti- oxidants. Hope you query is cleared Thank you and take care.

|