Q. Can I use fluoride toothpaste before using whitening strips?

Dr. Bharat Joshi

I am not sure how I should use whitening strips. I recently bought some, but I have looked online, and it says not to use fluoride toothpaste before using it. My dentist recently gave me an extra fluoride toothpaste to use after my regular brushing with regular toothpaste, so is it safe to apply all three, and if so, in which order I should use regular toothpaste, extra fluoride toothpaste, and the whitening strips?

#

Please be calm. I suggest you to use extra fluoridated paste (5000 ppm) regularly because I think caries incidence is higher. You can avoid regular toothpaste, but I suggest using toothpaste and whitening strips for 2 to 3 months to make teeth resistant. After that, you can use a whitening strip also with it.

Caries.

fluoridated paste.

Please go by instructions and update me after 15 days if you find some improvement.

|