Q. My teeth become yellow after 15 days of scaling. Why?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Nov 07, 2019

I am 19 years old. After scaling there is temporary removal of yellowness but after 15 days it becomes yellow again. I want a clean teeth like pearls. I am using Patanjali toothpowder.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

I believe you are referring to scaling only, and not teeth whitening procedure. The scaling procedure only removes debris and calculus from the surface of the tooth and gums.

For getting pearl type white teeth, you need to do teeth whitening procedure or bleaching. But still, after some time, the teeth will become more yellowish. You need to do brushing at least two times a day. A little bit of yellow teeth is normal. For permanent white teeth you can do teeth lamineering procedure which is a costly procedure where the front side of the tooth is slightly cut and a pure white ceramic layer is put over it.

| 

Can gingival fibrers regenerate after scaling?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.  Read Full »

How to maintain my gingiva without recession?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cut my gumline due to brushing too hard. I have a slight recession on my gum. I am taking good care of my teeth. But I am panic. There is no bleeding and pain present. I used a water pick to clean it. I visited a dentist before four months.  Read Full »

My teeth has gradually becoming yellow. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, My teeth are yellow and do not get clean with brushing. They were white before but gradually got yellow. What can be done? Also, I have bleeding and painful gums.  Read Full »