Tens

Can TENS be used to manage muscle pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I played volleyball on Monday night and everything was fine but then I played squash on Tuesday night. My glutes were really really sore on Wednesday. Just deep muscle soreness, But I chalked it up to not having played in 9 months. Then I played volleyball Wednesday night too. And thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history it sounds more of a muscle strain or you can say it as DOMS which is sometimes common as one lands or take a flight for taking up the shot but the pain is not reducing, is not making things clear, whether it is a DOMS or muscle strain as both of it s...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic treament the only option for shooting pain in lower back and buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I currently have unbearable pain in my lower back and buttocks area. Every time I get up, the pain gets much worse and feel shooting pain down my leg, which gets me to a point that I have to pause two to five seconds. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Medications like Methylcobalamine with Pregabalin and analgesic will reduce pain. You can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain have reduced include spine extension exercises, lying on your s...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »

Please have a look at my MRI and explain the treatment for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, I contacted you with the following issue. I got a back muscle spasm with lumbosacral spondylosis. Posterior central disc bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 causing thecal sac indentation. Also, bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. I am having groin, LBA and leg pain for the past two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show mild degeneration in a few of your discs. But, there is no great compression anywhere. So, I presume you would also be fine neurologically. Although, I would request you to ki...  Read Full »

My shoulder has slipped multiple times during sport. What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment. MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need invest...  Read Full »

I have pain in chest radiating to face, arm and neck. How to solve this?

Query: Hi doctor, I had pain in my left chest area may be twenty times in last years. Ongoing to hospitals and doctors ruled out heart problem called costochondritis. What are the very best recommended ways to solve this problem? The last episode lasted some three days ago. Episodes last for hours. I need...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Costochondritis originates from the front of chest area where ribs join the breastbone named sternum. It mimics a heart pain. Here, the physician can help in few ways to have a complete recovery. Proper rest and avoiding activities that aggravate the pain are helpful. T...  Read Full »

What is the cause of shoulder pain and how to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a track athlete and yesterday in training I did some bench press, short sprints, push-ups and core work. I warmed down and stretched. I woke up this morning with pain in my right shoulder and halfway through the day, this pain is getting worse. What is a possible cause of this and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concerns about your shoulder pain. I suspect acute injury to shoulder muscles or ligament. So, that is why the shoulder may be paining. According to me, because of bench press, your muscles around the shoulder may be overstretched and that ca...  Read Full »

I have pain and hear popping noise in the labrum region. How can it be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I strongly believe I have a slight hip labral tear which is devastating me mentally. I intend to become a professional dancer very soon as my main training is almost over. I can walk and do everything as normal but I hear pops and I have a slight vague pain which is not really bad unle...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many hip labral tears have no signs or symptoms. Do you occasionally experience any of these symptoms? Locking, clicking, or a catching sensation in your hip joint or groin area? Stiffness or limited range of motion in your hip joint? Physical exercise might cause a...  Read Full »

My uncle has a wry neck which is tilted to the left side. How can he get better?

Query: Hello doctor,My 45 year old uncle has a wry neck which is bent to the left side since more than four months now. He has seen an orthopedician and a neurologist, but they have not found a proper diagnosis or solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wry neck (Torticollis) happens when there is an instability in the neck muscle causing (in this case), a weakness of the right side and a tightness of the left side thus leading to a left-side tilt in the neck. I would like to know if your uncle underwent any invest...  Read Full »

Please see the MRI and suggest treatment for right lower back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have right lower back pain from the past two years. I have enclosed my MRI reports. I take Nucoxia 60, whenever needed, 3 to 4 days when pain increases. I cannot tolerate anti-inflammatory medicine due to stomach upset. The pain always remains, but it reduces when I lie on my stomach. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would have preferred to see the MRI films myself rather than just the to report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to be describing symptoms of back pain rather than leg pain. This matches with the MRI report that does not show a disc prolapse...  Read Full »