Tens

What causes left arm and collar bone pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 32 years old. She is complaining of collar bone pain on the left side and left arm pain. Whenever there is some movement, she feels the pain. We consulted a doctor before six months. She was fine for some time, but it has started again now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the investigations done (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I feel that it is not a cardiac issue. If the pain is worse with movements as you say, I presume you are talking of neck movements or the shoulder movements again, it points towards a...  Read Full »

What is the remedy for difficulty and tightness in the neck while moving?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a disc problem in my neck area on the right side. There are thickness and difficulty in moving the neck in the rightside and there is a sound if I move my neck to the right. Nerves in the neck seem tight when I swallow, and I also have a thickness in backside of the jaw. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have radicular pain or tingling or numbness in any of your upper limb?  Read Full »

Can shoulder labrum tear be healed without surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I sustained a shoulder injury while working out and it turned out to be a labrum tear. I can rotate my arm without any problem. I feel the pain only while playing badminton. The doctor has suggested surgery and I do not want to go for it. Kindly go through my re...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the MRI report attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend surgery to you if you wish to continue playing badminton or any activity with overhead action or involving throwing activity. I...  Read Full »

What can I do for knee lock due to hyperextension?

Query: Hello doctor, My knee is locked in hyperextension. I had an injury on my knee had lateral damage that was fixed by knee scope. This was successful, however, about two months ago, I twisted the wrong way and my knee got caught in hyperextension. I saw my Orthopedic surgeon and he told me I had a high...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what I can read and understand by the brief history you have given is that there can be damage to ligaments and meniscus in your knee. Can you please elaborate on the range of motion of your knee? If it is barely movable it means that probably some tissue (eith...  Read Full »

Why do the muscles in my thigh get numb?

Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »

Can TENS be used to manage muscle pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I played volleyball on Monday night and everything was fine but then I played squash on Tuesday night. My glutes were really really sore on Wednesday. Just deep muscle soreness, But I chalked it up to not having played in 9 months. Then I played volleyball Wednesday night too. And thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history it sounds more of a muscle strain or you can say it as DOMS which is sometimes common as one lands or take a flight for taking up the shot but the pain is not reducing, is not making things clear, whether it is a DOMS or muscle strain as both of it s...  Read Full »

Is chiropractic treament the only option for shooting pain in lower back and buttocks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I currently have unbearable pain in my lower back and buttocks area. Every time I get up, the pain gets much worse and feel shooting pain down my leg, which gets me to a point that I have to pause two to five seconds. I went to a chiropractor yesterday and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Medications like Methylcobalamine with Pregabalin and analgesic will reduce pain. You can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain have reduced include spine extension exercises, lying on your s...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »

Please have a look at my MRI and explain the treatment for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, I contacted you with the following issue. I got a back muscle spasm with lumbosacral spondylosis. Posterior central disc bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 causing thecal sac indentation. Also, bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. I am having groin, LBA and leg pain for the past two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show mild degeneration in a few of your discs. But, there is no great compression anywhere. So, I presume you would also be fine neurologically. Although, I would request you to ki...  Read Full »

My shoulder has slipped multiple times during sport. What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a softball player and my position is the catcher. I have been playing my position for two years and in these two years, my left shoulder has partially slipped at least 50 times or more. It has been bothering me a lot even when I am not doing anything. What do I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For recurrent shoulder dislocation, you need further investigation and treatment. MRI might show Hill-Sachs lesion or Bankart lesion which are injuries of the shoulder joint due to repeated dislocations. Hill-Sachs injury is a bony defect and you may need invest...  Read Full »