Testicular Pain

Pain in either one or both testes is known as testicular pain. It may be caused by various conditions ranging from simple to serious. The possible causes include testicular torsion, epididymitis, kidney stones, hernia, and injury.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What all infections show up in the urine culture?

Query: Hi doctor,I believe I have an infection in my reproductive tract. I have seen multiple urologists, and all of them have told me nothing is wrong. I refuse to believe that because of the pain in my testicles. I wish to speak with someone who has experience in microbiology because I have even cultured...  Read Full »

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath

Infectious Diseases Specialist, Microbiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your query. You can opt for other investigations like ultrasound scrotum and semen culture.  Read Full »

Will testicle area be quite strong and able to withstand mild trauma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65-year-old male taking Levothyroxine sodium for hypothyroidism. I have slight malaise, tiredness, stress. I was engaging in some rough and tumble horseplay two days ago with a friend when they accidentally reached out and grabbed my testicles. Just for a split second, it did not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.It is very unlikely to develop any complications, considering the mild nature of trauma, and it usually happens immediately after the trauma. As you mentioned that there are no residual symptoms, so it was no permanent damage. So if we think history-wise and from your de...  Read Full »

Are my testicles paining due to testicular torsion?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe pain in my testicles. I have done three scans before a week. It shows normal results. My testicle is fine with normal blood flow. All the results are normal except the result shown in three doppler scrotal scan reports. Before four days, I noticed that my testicle at the ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe testicular pain occurs due to epididymal-orchitis and your ultrasound showed a good blood flow (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means that there is no torsion at the time of the scan. You can have intermittent torsion. Therefore proper history...  Read Full »

Why do I have unbearable pain after getting an atomic wedgie?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I had a dispute with my girlfriend and I got an atomic wedgie. After getting it, I am unable to sit or bend over. There is no visible damage but the pain is unbearable and it occurs often. I have this issue for a week and it got intensified after having the incid...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have pain in the testicles or in the pelvic region. You can have injuries and male testis are very sensitive. Even small rough touch causes pain and injury in it. Due to the act, you can have swelling and inflammation and so you can have pain ...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I experienced testicular pain for the last 25 days with general discomfort, heaviness in the lower abdomen and pubic area. I feel stressed while sitting and felt better when in bed. No urine infection. I got done Doppler USG, Urine RM, aerobic and anaerobic culture, CBC (complete blood ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain has many causes like inflammatory, infective, trauma, and varicocele. In your scenario, it does not seems to be infective. It is rather due to trauma or stretch, as you said after sitting in SUV. It is unlikely varicocele, as you said, Doppler ultrasoun...  Read Full »

Will Candid-B help in fungal infection on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have prescribed Candid B ointment for penis fungal infection. I have been using it for four years, almost every day. Now, for the past two weeks, I have testicular pain, mostly in the right testicle. All investigations are done, including USG, Doppler, and oncology tests. All are fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Candid B is a steroid and should not be used for long. Switch to plain Candid cream for fungal infection. You can also add any anti-allergic like tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 once or twice daily as required and after stopping Candid-B. Otherwise, you can visit y...  Read Full »

My testicular pain often recurs with exercise and tight clothing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had testicular pain for the last four weeks on and off on both testicles at different times. It started about weeks ago when I developed inflamed and tender lymph nodes in my groin and an inflamed penis, so I went to my GP and was prescribed Flucloxacillin 500 mg for what was t...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This testicular pain is not caused by infection; therefore it is not responding to antibiotics. As you said, testicular ultrasound is normal. Therefore, there is no varicocele. Dull testicular pain can also be idiopathic, especially if there is no inflammation or obvio...  Read Full »

I have pain in my testicles after lifting heavy things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. About a week ago, as I lifted some heavy plates, both my hands started shaking and I dropped them. When I returned home, I felt some pain in my testicles. But, that was not a constant pain. So, after three days of pain, I went to see a urologist. He did a physical e...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems you got pain in testes while lifting a heavy object. Many times it may be a minor injury that requires no treatment. But, if you are getting recurrent pain or increase in size on one side, then you need to have an ultrasound scan done. Th...  Read Full »

Why do I mild testicular and back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old with a weight of 83 kilograms and a height of six feet. I have mild testicular pain with mild back pain. It is not constant throughout the day. It is all of a sudden and I have this pain for three days.   Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This type of discomfort occurs in young men. It can occur due to unsatisfying masturbation or due to episodes of sterile prostatitis. These symptoms rarely occur in testicular cancer. This is very unlikely and young men are at higher risk and it is completely curable in...  Read Full »

Could epididymitis gets cured by doing surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,Recently, I was diagnosed with epididymitis. I have pain behind my right testicle. I took Doxycycline for ten days and I stopped it. After that, I took Ciprofloxacin for five days. I do not have changes so far and I am worried. Do I need surgery to remove my epididymis?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Epididymoorchitis is an inflammatory condition and it usually settles down by taking antibiotics. The response depends on the causative organism. Usually, culture gives a clear picture of the type of organism and shows the type of antibiotics that works efficiently agai...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.