Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Will counseling help in solving my premature ejaculation problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I suffer from premature ejaculation. I have always had it in the sense if I am aroused, I ejaculate within the first 20 to 30 seconds and if I am not aroused, it can take longer, but still less than two minutes. It feels like I am always forcing myself to ejaculate,...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have erectile dysfunction. In this situation, I suggest you Avanafil medication. Moreover, counseling also helpful for premature ejaculation. I recommend you do testosterone therapy (TRT). Avoid alcohol...  Read Full »

Why is there an increase in PSA while taking testosterone replacement therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, My prostate-specific antigen (PSA) value has got increased by 30 % from 0.8 ng/mL to 1.1 ng/mL. I am in testosterone replacement therapy also. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The absolute PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is in the range where it is not of much concern. But the rise in PSA is bothersome if it rises more than 0.75 ng/mL per year. For a young patient like you, even this rise in rate needs to be assessed. Testosterone repla...  Read Full »

Is TRT the right treatment for low libido and poor quality erections?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 today. I went to my primary doctor three years ago with low libido and poor quality erections. Blood work came back as total testosterone 381 and A1c 6.9. Started exercising and lost weight and inches, 198 lbs to 178, 38-inch waist to 32. Symptoms still persisted. The doctor s...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a couple of questions for you: Any history of infertility? Any depression? Any sleep apnea? Testosterone resistance is a phenomenon that occurs due to a genetic defect and would have caused problems with puberty and would not appear now in adulthood. C...  Read Full »