Q. I have problem with PE where I ejaculate within 20 seconds of arousal. Is it a serious issue?

Dr. Arup Majumdar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I am 25 years old. I suffer from premature ejaculation. I have always had it in the sense if I am aroused, I ejaculate within the first 20 to 30 seconds and if I am not aroused, it can take longer, but still less than two minutes. It feels like I am always forcing myself to ejaculate, and perhaps this started with me masturbating in my early teens. Would counseling solve this issue, or is it more serious than that?

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have erectile dysfunction. In this situation, I suggest you Avanafil medication. Moreover, counseling also helpful for premature ejaculation. I recommend you do testosterone therapy (TRT). Avoid alcohol and smoking. Avoid stress and anxiety.

Some exercises also helps like Kegel exercise and aerobic exercise. More details you may consult with me.

| 
2 out of 2 likes

I have a couple of follow-up questions. Avanafil (Stendra) medication is it for life? What are the risks and side effects? How does it help me? What are the risks and side effects of Testosterone Therapy (TRT)? Is it a one-time treatment or regularly for how long? How serious is this procedure?

Please note that I do not have a problem with getting or maintaining an erection for achieving penetration. Also, I have lasted longer if I did masturbate a couple of hours before sex. But if I masturbate like that, I do not get the most pleasure. I have a lot of precum (if I am really aroused) and also ejaculate a lot.

I have never smoked and I drink rarely. Stress and anxiety could be there but it does not disturb my sleep or anything. I am very much open to Kegel exercise and aerobic exercise. I also want to know more about hypnotherapy. Can it help me? Is it the same as counseling?

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I read your details history and I suggest taking Avanafil (Stendra) 50 mg once a day 30 minutes before sexual activity. It has very little side effects like headaches, back pain, nasal congestion, dizziness, and nausea.

Testosterone therapy (TRT) has three types:

1. Skin patch (transdermal) once daily.

2. Gel-like Androgel.

3. Injections and implants, it has to be given into the muscle.

Side effects are very less like acne or oily skin and mild fluid retention.

Hypnotherapy works on a subconscious level, encouraging positive changes through the power of suggestion. As stress and anxiety can often feed into someone experiencing ejaculation, hypnotherapy for stress and anxiety are often helpful. Yes, it is the same as counseling for the treatment of male sexual problems.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

May I ask for how many months or years will I have to keep taking Avanafil (Stendra) and the testosterone therapy? In other words, is this curable or is this a permanent condition? Is it common for otherwise healthy Indian men in their twenties to undergo something like this? What is the best hospital in India for this? I would also like to know my hormone levels before I sign up for TRT.

Is there any addiction to the pill you mentioned? Should I try hypnotherapy before I sign up for medications? How long before I can see positive results (if any)? Please make sure that you answer all of the above questions.

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Taking Avanafil (Stendra) and testosterone therapy totally depends on each and every patient’s condition. But I suggest 1 to 2months for Avanafil and testosterone therapy for one week. In India premature ejaculation one of the most common male sexual disorders and estimates to occur 4-39% of men in the general community. You may visit AIIMS Delhi it will be the best hospital for you.

Addiction like smoking, alcohol, and masturbation must be avoided. Yes, you will try hypnotherapy before I sign up for medications. Positive results totally depend on each and every patient.

|