Q. I am in testosterone replacement therapy and my PSA got increased. Please advice.

Dr. Devendra
Published on Nov 08, 2018

My prostate-specific antigen (PSA) value has got increased by 30 % from 0.8 ng/mL to 1.1 ng/mL. I am in testosterone replacement therapy also. Please advice.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

The absolute PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is in the range where it is not of much concern. But the rise in PSA is bothersome if it rises more than 0.75 ng/mL per year. For a young patient like you, even this rise in rate needs to be assessed. Testosterone replacement can also be a cause of this rise. Please mention about the reason for taking testosterone replacement therapy.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone before five years, and I am taking testosterone injection 100 ml per week.

Dr. Devendra

Urology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to repeat PSA after three months. Also, it is not necessary to take continuous testosterone replacement for a low borderline level. At present, it is not of much concern. Repeat it after three months. You can do pranayama or yoga along with other exercises to improve the general wellbeing.

Please give some advice on HRT for male to female transition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old transwoman. I am looking forward to start HRT. I need some advice from you to start on HRT for male to female transition. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you need to know what medications to be taken for HRT (hormone replacement therapy)? Do you like to know about the fitness or investigations before starting HRT? Or are you asking for the safety? Do let me know what you want to know exactly. Revert back with the answe...  Read Full

My father was diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. What should we do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. His biopsy reports show Gleason's grade 3+4 (% of 4 is 30%), tumor involves 60 % of submitted biopsy. No perineural invasion is seen. His PSA level is 107.69 ng/mL. He has triple vessel heart disease, and the echo result showed EP...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You can get a staging workup with PSMA (prostate-specific membrane antigen) scan or bone scan and MRI pelvis. His high PSA (prostate-specific antigen) does make him high risk, but considering his age, I will not suggest a very aggressive approach to the case.If the prost...  Read Full

I was advised medicines after a routine prostate test, but I have no symptoms. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66 year old male. My only medical history is hypertension (controlled) with Norvasc. I went for my routine prostate test a couple of months ago and the result stated: PSA - 9.8 ng/mL. Free PSA - 1.9 ng/mL. Percentage free PSA - 19.4 %. I went back to another doctor a few weeks ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After analysis of the history provided, I would like to give you a brief idea of the same. Firstly PSA (prostate-specific antigen) varies with age. As the age advances, it keeps increasing. Secondly, in spite of that, the PSA level mentioned in your report is in a hig...  Read Full