Q. I am in testosterone replacement therapy and my PSA got increased. Please advice.

Dr. Devendra

My prostate-specific antigen (PSA) value has got increased by 30 % from 0.8 ng/mL to 1.1 ng/mL. I am in testosterone replacement therapy also. Please advice.

#

The absolute PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is in the range where it is not of much concern. But the rise in PSA is bothersome if it rises more than 0.75 ng/mL per year. For a young patient like you, even this rise in rate needs to be assessed. Testosterone replacement can also be a cause of this rise. Please mention about the reason for taking testosterone replacement therapy.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone before five years, and I am taking testosterone injection 100 ml per week.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to repeat PSA after three months. Also, it is not necessary to take continuous testosterone replacement for a low borderline level. At present, it is not of much concern. Repeat it after three months. You can do pranayama or yoga along with other exercises to improve the general wellbeing.

| 

I need some advice to start HRT for male to female transition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old transwoman. I am looking forward to start HRT. I need some advice from you to start on HRT for male to female transition. Thank you.  Read Full »

My father was diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. What should we do?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diagnosed with prostatic adenocarcinoma. His biopsy reports show Gleason's grade 3+4 (% of 4 is 30%), tumor involves 60 % of submitted biopsy. No perineural invasion is seen. His PSA level is 107.69 ng/mL. He has triple vessel heart disease, and the echo result showed EP...  Read Full »

I was advised medicines after a routine prostate test, but I have no symptoms. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66 year old male. My only medical history is hypertension (controlled) with Norvasc. I went for my routine prostate test a couple of months ago and the result stated: PSA - 9.8 ng/mL. Free PSA - 1.9 ng/mL. Percentage free PSA - 19.4 %. I went back to another doctor a few weeks ...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»