Q. Pregnancy test positive. On the 9th day had slight bleeding, why?

My period is delayed and I took pregnancy test after seven days and it was positive. On 9th day that is four days ago I had slight bleeding with brown blood and till now bleeding continues with mix of little and medium flow. Doctor recommended me not to continue with the pregnancy. Kindly suggest which tests I should take. Ultrasound is not possible presently as suggested by doctor. Earlier I was suffering from PCOD. I am really worried. Shall I continue with the pregnancy or not? Please help.