Q. My wife underwent ICSI. Please go through the reports and provide your opinion.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

My wife has undergone ICSI three-day embryo transfer. One cell is compact grade and others are grade-B. She got pregnant successfully and the values were at DPT 14, HCG 577 and progesterone level 23 and DPT 16, HCG 1577 and progesterone level 23. Also, she had undergone TVS, and spotted sac at five weeks. Then, after two days she started to experience light bleeding for one day and stopped afterward. Again as per the doctor's advise, we have done beta hCG on DPT 20 and It came 3200. The doctor said that since three embryos have been transferred, there might be bleeding and slow rise in BHCG. On DPT 24, there was a transvaginal scan. The result was 'tiny fetal pole 2.8 mm with yolk sac and gestation sac. But, without the evidence of a heartbeat. It measures 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I have attached the scan report here. Please provide your valuable opinion.

#

I have gone through your history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns.

• As you are only 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant, you should repeat your TVS (transvaginal scan) after one week for fetal cardiac activity because sometimes cardiac activity is established at seven weeks.
  • The slight bleeding is due to hormonal imbalance and as you are already on it, there is no need to worry about it.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thanks for your invaluable opinions. Today, she had brown discharge without any pain. I hope it is just a hormonal imbalance as said. My worry was about the BhCG values. It was going very well initially. After the light bleeding, it was a slow rise. Hopefully, we will be able to see the heartbeat in the upcoming scan and I will keep you updated.

#

• You should not worry much about the beta hCG levels as, in some healthy pregnancies also, they are on the lower side.
  • Hopefully, you are able to see your fetal cardiac activity, I will be waiting for your good news.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Our baby’s heart is beating now by God’s grace. It is a kind of first relief for us. So, based on last week's scan, the CRL measures 6 mm, 6 weeks and 3 days, GS measures 15 mm, 6 weeks and 1 day and yolk sac measures 3.6 mm. Although the doctor is very happy about this, there was a slight concern on the sac size and asked us to return next week for another scan. Please provide your opinion. Thank you very much for your invaluable opinions which are being very supportive for us.

#

• I am happy for you and feel a bit relaxed as the heartbeat is there.
  • I have gone through your reports and understand your concerns.
  • As we are able to see the gestational sac, yolk sac and the cardiac activity at 6 weeks, there is no need to worry about it.
  • Get your repeat scan as your doctor advised.
  • Take hCG and progesterone to support your pregnancy.

Hello Madam,

we have done follow up scan on last week Friday(27th Oct), the below are observations.

Gestational Sac measures 6w 5 days, 20mm. Sac is regular.
CRL measures 8w 1 day, 18mm with a regular heartbeat.
As expected Sac is not growing fast but baby growth is good since it is from 6mm to 18mm. Yok sac measures 4.2mm from 3.6mm last week.
Please provide your suggestions and if any complications.
# Hi Santosh,
As baby growth is good and cardiac activity is there,no need to worry much about it.
Get your blood beta hcg testing and repeat scan after two weeks.
Continue progesterone and hcg injections.
Continue Protinex powder.
Hopefully everything will be fine,no need to worry about it.
Good luck.
Regards

|