Q. I have a tingling sensation in the throat for the last two days. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 08, 2020

I am having feeling of something stuck and tingling sensation in throat for last two days. I have not travelled anywhere else other than shopping trips. I have been having phlegm in the morning after getting up for almost last one year. I have bad habit of occasional mucophagy. Am I having any reason of concern? Otherwise I have no fever, running nose, cough etc.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from stuck and tingling sensation in throat. this is usually from an irritation of the mucous membranes of the throat,oesophaus or trachea.u may experience the symptom because of extra mucous in the throat or because of an outside irritant like smoke.it can be resulted from some medical conditions as following Pharyngitis is the inflammation of larynx caused by virus or bacteria like group A streptococcus. Laryngitis may be caused by raising ur voice in loud place for long time or virus or bacterial infection and tingling sensation in throat is the sign of it. ur stuck and tingling sensation in throat can be resulted from allergies like allergic rhinitis,food allergies,pollen,Pet dander etc. it can be caused by postnatal drip may be sinusitis if it is accompanied by pain or pressure in face,chronic cough with or without nasal congestion. if u have acid reflux or GERD,the acid in stomach can creep back up eosohagus,causing stuck and tingling sensation in the throat. this can be happened when ur opening between stomach and oesophaus doesn't close tightly. treatment depends on causes.we should find out the underlying causes which r responsible for ur suffering and then treat them accordingly. u can undergo CBC,CXR,X ray PNS O/M view,Barium swallow,HRCT chest etc . in the meantime u can take some medications such as Fexofenadine, Syp.Gaviscon,Domperidon,cap.Lansoprazole with or without antibiotics. in case of any other query ask me and i will try to reply.

|