Thrombosis

I have positive cardiolipin IgM and IgG that keeps elevating. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a third opinion. I have positive cardiolipin IgM and IgG. Tested three times over 11 months. Keeps elevating. What should be done about this? Two current doctors say it is normal.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cardiolipin antibody positive result for two times with 6 to 12-week interval, suggestive of anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome. However, to diagnose the case as antiphospholipid antibody syndrome clinical criteria also should be fulfilled. The clinical criteria...  Read Full »

The veins in arms and legs are bulging with pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and I am currently experiencing an issue with the veins in my arms and legs, primarily on the left side of my body. It started about a month ago when I noticed a vein on the top of my left foot that started bulging up out of nowhere. It was concerning but not painful un...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem looks like varicose vein. Veins will bulge when you are standing or moving around when unlike down it regressed and blood flows back into the deeper veins and empty back into the heart. Varicosity is due to incompetence or weakness in the valves within v...  Read Full »

Will high platelet count cause a blood clot or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has high WBC count of 15,000, platelet count of 5,40,000, and hemoglobin at 11.2. Her ESR is 86, and CRP is also similar. She has a fever, which rises in the evening to 101. Can you please tell me what this denotes? Also, will the high platelet count cause a danger for a bl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. High platelet count will not lead to thrombosis in the body. Do not worry about that. High platelet is because of reactive thrombocytosis, and that can occur in bleeding, anemia, infection, inflammation, etc. You have an ulcer in the colon, and it seems to be ulcerative...  Read Full »

Will Ashwagandha or Shilajit boost sexual power?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 19 years old. Recently, I quit smoking and my sexual power is somewhat decreased. How can I boost again my power back? Use of Ashwagandha will help or Shilajit? Or any other advice?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having erectile dysfunction problem. Smoking, alcohol can lead to that problem. So it should be avoided. For erectile dysfunction rule out vascular narrowing and thrombosis like cause using penile doppler ultrasound. Total cholesterol, blood pressure also sh...  Read Full »

What does positive lupus anticoagulant test mean?

Query: Hi doctor,I have recently been told my first test of antiphospholipid syndrome shows positive lupus anticoagulants. What does that mean for someone with no symptoms? I took Articaine and Phenphedrine the day before the test. Can an overdose cause the test to be faulty? I had four miscarriages so far...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of four recurrent miscarriage and cause for that seems to be an antiphospholipid syndrome. Because of thrombosis secondary to antiphospholipid syndrome, miscarriage occurred. If you are on anticoagulant medication, then it could be a false result. But ...  Read Full »

My cerebral venous thrombosis is improving, but why do I still get severe headaches?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, eight months back, after suffering severe headaches. I have never had headaches in my life, except very occasional tensions headaches. I have been taking Warfarin ever since, and I had a follow-up MRI, four months back. The radiolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some more details about your problem. Since when you started to have headaches? Which part of the head do you have these headaches? Is it same headaches as you had before, or are they different? What kind of headaches are these, heaviness, throbbi...  Read Full »

I have a lump on penis and feel uncomfortable during sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump inside the foreskin near the penis head. It has been there for more than a year. It is painless. It does not hurt during sexual intercourse but feels uncomfortable during oral sex. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is dilated vein of the penis. The swelling is because there may be thrombosis (blood clot) inside the vein. Do not worry as it is not harmful at all. It should resolve. I suggest you...  Read Full »