Q. Are my symptoms due to some thyroid problems?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 05, 2021

I am 20 years old with a weight of 32 kilograms and a height of five feet two inches. Before few years, I noticed a slight bulge building on the right side of the neck. When I was a small child, I had trouble in gaining weight and I always feel hungry. I will eat food every two hours. I also get cold easily. I wonder whether these symptoms have any correlation with my thyroid? I have done a general check-up and typical tests were done. But I have not consulted my doctor. After eating, I have a feeling of vomiting and sometimes I feel hard to swallow my food. I also have an acidic taste after an hour of eating and my chest area hurts a lot. After a minute or ten minutes of consuming milk tea or powder milk or whole milk, I would poop right away or I get red patches like a map on my legs, hands, or arms too.

#

Please send a picture of your lump in the neck. Please mention whether you still have it and whether there is an increase in size after you notice it. You have lactose intolerance. It means that after eating dairy products like milk, your body is not able to digest it and so you get rashes. In these cases, you should avoid eating milk products. You can have a lump due to an increase in the lymph nodes on the neck due to infection. It can also occur due to the thyroid. As you were struggling to grow in puberty, I recommend you do a thyroid function test (TFT) and CBC (complete blood count) test. After getting the results, you can send me the reports.

|