Q. Are my symptoms due to some thyroid problems?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
Female | 20 yrs old | 160cm | 32kls

Few years back to puberty, I noticed a slight bulge building up in the right side of my neck. Ever since, I was little I had trouble in gaining weight too and I'm always hungry; for instance though only 2 hours ago I ate a heavy full course meal. I easily get cold too. I was wondering if there's any correlation with my thyroid or somethin? I did have a general checkup and typical test were done it's just that I was so busy in the univ that I disregarded my chance to meet the doctor's for diagnosis upon getting my results.

Yeah and moreover, idk if this is related but after eating I would feel like vomiting and sometimes swallowing my foods is really hard too. And also, like an acidic taste an hour after I ate and my chest area would hurt too. I find it also amusing that after a minute or ten mins I'm consuming milktea or powder milk or whole milk, I would pooped right away or I get that red patches like a map on my legs, hands or arms too.

Thanks.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

# Hi ma’am
Welcome to icliniq
Can you please send a picture of lump in your neck.
Is it still there ? Did it increase in size after you noticed ?
Ma’am along with that you have lactose intolerance it means when ever you eat dairy products like milk etc you body is not able to digest it and you get rashes. So in such case you should avoid eating much milk products.
There can be increased lymph node in neck due to some infection and because of that only you might have that lump. Other reason it can be associated with thyroid. As you mentioned you were struggling to grow in your puberty. So I would recommend you to do thyroid function test ( TFT) and bloof CBC test.
After tests you can send me reports I will check and let you know.
Please send pic or lump in neck
Thank you

|