Q. Are all my symptoms related to something serious?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2022

My face is always turning red and getting hot. It starts gradually, but then it feels like a burst, and my face turns into a deep red color. I then get very hot and start to sweat. Also, why am I always tired? I fall asleep at around 7.30 PM every night, and I do not have the capacity to stay awake. I become out of breath very easily; walking up three flights of stairs in my school has my breathing extremely heavy, and my face gets red again. I also get random dizziness throughout the day. I also think that I am a little bipolar and maybe anxiety-struck due to my mood swings. I want you to know that I have a 140 IQ, so I can realize all of my problems and cancel them out by thinking about them. Occasionally, my chest or heart begins to feel like a lot of pressure is being placed on it. Also, I receive sharp pains in the corners of my abdomen. Recently, I have also been experiencing very bad hunger pangs, and it forces me to eat a lot of food. Lastly, I am easily distracted. I do not know if it is possible to have ADD with a high IQ, but I think I might because I easily zone out for the entire period. Please tell me if all of these correlate to something very big or if each is individual. Should I consult a doctor?

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

You appear to have multiple issues, but none of them are serious.

Regarding your face, tiredness, etc., does this redness increase on exposure to some dust or other exposures? Are there any associated allergic symptoms like itching, sneezing, running nose, etc.?

Various possibilities for this are allergy, low hemoglobin, and excess thyroid hormone. So, you should get your hemoglobin and thyroid tested.

I suggest antiallergic medicine like tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 mg once a day. You must consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent.

You should avoid exposure to pollution, sun, and dust.

Regarding your abdominal complaints and chest heaviness, it is mostly acidity or reflux disease.

I suggest you try doing the following-

1. You should avoid a fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet.

2. You must go for a walk after having food, instead of taking a rest.

3. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.

4. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress.

5. Consume a lot of green leafy vegetables and fruits.

6. Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any.

7. I suggest taking tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast, once a day for two weeks. And for abdominal pain. I suggest Dicyclomine 20 mg or Hyoscyamine 10 mg. (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent).

Regarding the ADD (attention-deficit disorder) doubts, since you have other problems as well, we will not keep it as the first possibility. We will address this after other issues are settled.

I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

All the best.

|