Q. I have a swollen lump on the left side of my neck. Is it due to teeth infection?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Oct 04, 2018

I have a small swollen lump on the left side of my neck. I do not feel sick. But I feel like I have a fever and headache. My teeth look fine, and I do not have sensitivity. Can I have an infection in my teeth?

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, as per your history, you may have a dental infection or an ear problem on the same side. You need to upload a picture of your teeth so that I can conclude it. There can also be a dangerous lesion associated which may present as lymphadenopathy of the neck. You feel feverish due to the infection you have. Please provide your drug history to prescribe medication.

I have a tooth filling that has come out with a lump in the gum. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth filling that has come out, and woke with a white lump beneath it on gum, swollen lower face too on the other side of the site of lump. I had a dull, drumming pain during the night before. I rinsed with warm salt water this morning. Wondering if Flucloxacillin 500 mg whi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tooth is probably infected which has caused the white lump on your gums. The decay has gone inside the pulp, almost touching your nerve and there is infection beneath the root of your teeth which has caused this swelling. You will have to confirm the status of your t...  Read Full

I have a low functioning thyroid which my doctor is unable to regulate. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been searching for answers for over three years. The past two years, my quality of life on a scale of 1 to 10, has been a 2. I am grasping at anything to find the answers. My doctors have not helped. I was diagnosed 15 years ago with fibro/CFIDS, and very low thyroid, which they...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. I will try to address each point one by one. You have been labeled as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It is a diagram of exclusion, and there are no effective meds except sometimes treatment with antivirals have been seen effective. However jo...  Read Full