Q. I have a swollen lump on the left side of my neck. Is it due to teeth infection?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have a small swollen lump on the left side of my neck. I do not feel sick. But I feel like I have a fever and headache. My teeth look fine, and I do not have sensitivity. Can I have an infection in my teeth?

#

I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, as per your history, you may have a dental infection or an ear problem on the same side. You need to upload a picture of your teeth so that I can conclude it. There can also be a dangerous lesion associated which may present as lymphadenopathy of the neck. You feel feverish due to the infection you have. Please provide your drug history to prescribe medication.

| 

I have a tooth filling that has come out with a lump in the gum. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth filling that has come out, and woke with a white lump beneath it on gum, swollen lower face too on the other side of the site of lump. I had a dull, drumming pain during the night before. I rinsed with warm salt water this morning. Wondering if Flucloxacillin 500 mg whi...  Read Full »

I have a low functioning thyroid which my doctor is unable to regulate. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been searching for answers for over three years. The past two years, my quality of life on a scale of 1 to 10, has been a 2. I am grasping at anything to find the answers. My doctors have not helped. I was diagnosed 15 years ago with fibro/CFIDS, and very low thyroid, which they...  Read Full »