Q. Kindly suggest treatment for tingling sensation in my leg.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

I am a 20-year-old male. I currently have a tingling sensation in my left leg, on the right side of my calf. I have recently had a long journey (approximately 10 hours, with stops every three hours) the sensation has lasted for about a week. I am not on any medication or have any health conditions. Please help.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

This may be due to your long journey where all your joints will be flexed for quite a long time inspire of the rest you had in between. If it is in a bike, your lower spine has also been flexed, which will cause a small inconvenience to the nerves which pass through the foramen of the spine. It simply may due to a vitamin deficiency, or be due to disc problem. Rule out any disc problem, see an orthopedic surgeon, do a spinal MRI. If everything is fine, do some exercises for the leg and the spine and take some B complex.

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause subacute combined degeneration of the cord. So, the treatment is daily Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B complex supplementation for 12 weeks. Your vitamin D levels are also low. The treatment is Vitamin D capsules 60000 IU every Sunday for 12 ...  Read Full

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling sensation can be due to transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine. You should improve your posture and avoid sitting for long hours. Avoid bending your back to lift he...  Read Full

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem still could be due to a nerve problem, even though your NCV test is normal (nerve conduction velocity). Also, you might be having calcium deficiency, which is very common associated with vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you calcium supplements like tablet S...  Read Full