Q. Kindly suggest treatment for tingling sensation in my leg.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

I am a 20-year-old male. I currently have a tingling sensation in my left leg, on the right side of my calf. I have recently had a long journey (approximately 10 hours, with stops every three hours) the sensation has lasted for about a week. I am not on any medication or have any health conditions. Please help.

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetology General Medicine
#

This may be due to your long journey where all your joints will be flexed for quite a long time inspire of the rest you had in between. If it is in a bike, your lower spine has also been flexed, which will cause a small inconvenience to the nerves which pass through the foramen of the spine. It simply may due to a vitamin deficiency, or be due to disc problem. Rule out any disc problem, see an orthopedic surgeon, do a spinal MRI. If everything is fine, do some exercises for the leg and the spine and take some B complex.

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full »