Tinnitus Maskers

What could be the reason for ringing sound in the ears and dimmed echo in the head?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a hard-working man in my mid-60s. Two years ago a 15 lb street light fell on my head, a 10 feet drop. Since then I have been having a problem with my ear, a dimmed echo in my head when I speak and frequent high pitched ringing that leads to aggravating headaches. This could not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tinnitus is often described as a ringing in the ears like roaring, clicking, hissing, or buzzing which cannot be attributed to an external source. Post-traumatic tinnitus usually follows head and neck injuries. Do you have tinnitus in both the ears or in one ear? Any...  Read Full »

Why am I hearing metallic scratching sound for the past one month?

Query: Hello doctor, I am continuously hearing a metallic scratching sound for the past one month. Best described as like the sound of cricket insects as heard in the dead of night. I am taking medication, namely, Syndopa plus, Rasalect, Pramipex ER3, Rozucor, and Amantrel for Parkinson for last seven yea...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have tinnitus. Has it been there only for a month? Is it associated with any decreased hearing? Is it there in both ears? Is the tinnitus accompanied by vertigo or vomiting sensation or fullness in ears? Have you done any testing for the same? ...  Read Full »

Why do I have tinnitus and how can this be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 and suffering from tinnitus from last four months. The sound in the ears is not constant. It is changing. Sometimes, it is loud enough that I can hear it even in a crowded place and sometimes so low I cannot detect in a normal environment and the most important of all with a loud...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from fluctuating tinnitus for four months as you have said. Tinnitus (ringing sensation in the ear) may be due to problems of the ear or problems not related to the ear. Ear problems causing tinnitus are generally associated with hearing loss. But...  Read Full »

Static Sound In My Ears After I Was Exposed To A Gunshot Noise

Query: Hello doctor, I was exposed to a loud noise (gunshot). Since then, I have a static noise in my ears when it is really quiet, and I get a pressure at the back of my head that often turns into a headache. Sometimes, I also get a tone in my right ear. If I do some physical activity, I may have dizzine...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Like you said, the tests are normal. But still, you suffer from a ringing noise inside the ear which is more in quiet surroundings. Physical activity causes dizziness and there is someti...  Read Full »

How can the ringing in my ears be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had ringing in my ears for two or three months. My doctor said it was an ear infection in both ears. I had two courses of Augmentin, but it did not improve. I had to change my doctor for some reason. The new doctor gave me Soframycin ear drops but when I went back to her for fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from tinnitus which is nothing but a ringing sensation in the ears. There are various causes for tinnitus and the most common among them are a sensorineural hearing loss, Eustachian tube dysfunction, otosclerosis, ossicular discontinuity wher...  Read Full »

Is there any cure for hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 45 kg. I have lost my hearing ability in both the ears. My problem first started before seven years. I showed this case to some ENT doctors. Finally, my condition is declared as SNHL. However, let me express the actual descriptions or symptoms of my prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from sensorineural hearing loss and associated tinnitus. Whereas the SNHL is permanent, if it were addressed itself initially, then it could have been reversed. Now, the issue seems to be of tinnitus that is bothering you the most. For the...  Read Full »