Tinnitus

Will ear tubes help in hearing due to sensorineural hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from sensorineural hearing loss in both my ears for nine months. I had a mild hearing loss that got worse over the winter with ear infections. As a result, my hearing got worse, and I need to get hearing aids. I also have tinnitus in my left ear. Also, I have fluid in my ma...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hearing in all of us is defined by a conductive component and sensorineural component. Anything to do with the nerve and transmission of nerve impulses is termed sensorineural and in most cases the damage is irreversible. Anything interfering with the conduction of ...  Read Full »

I get rhythmic noise in ear and fullness which goes away on forceful breathing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been hearing a wind like rhythmic noise in my right ear. It also makes my ears feel full. When breathing forcefully it might go away for some time but it comes back again.  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound or wind-like sound in the ear lasting for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If less than five minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound you are describing can be caused due to dysfunctional eustachian tube, i.e. the tube connectin...  Read Full »

My ear is rumbling following a throat infection. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old. About 4 weeks ago, I had a viral infection of the throat and nose, which lasted for about a week. At that time, my left ear became completely blocked with fluid for at least a few days. Then, I started getting a low rumbling noise in my ear. At first, I used to get the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasheed Baig

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This problem is called as tinnitus. As you have mentioned, you started with this problem after an upper respiratory tract infection that resulted in effusion in your ear through blockage of eustachian tube. It is quite possible that your eustachian tube is still n...  Read Full »

How to prevent an anxiety attack because of ringing sound in the ears?

Query: Good day My situation started yesterday after taking a shower yesterday. I climbed out of the shower and noticed I had this high pitched ringing sound in my ears. This sound is really causing me to panic ; last night I has 3 anxiety attacks because of it and I took 50mg Sressam tablet but it did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello First of all, please know that ringing sensation is very common and prevalent. There are many suspected causes for ringing sensation in the ear. The most common ones being - wax impinging on the ear-drum, sudden, loud noise, moving into a quiet room from a noisy environment and so on. You sa...  Read Full »

Though I did not have ear pain, my tinnitus continues. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ear infection on my right ear for the past one week. So my doctor prescribes me some antibiotics Amoxicillin with Prednisolone. But my tinnitus did not go away. How long will it take for the tinnitus to go away if there is no pain in my ear?  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answer to your question entirely depends on how you developed the ear infection in the first place. In general, until the eardrum heals you will be having weird noises, tinnitus, and ear discomfort due to interference with sound transmission and processing. If the...  Read Full »

How is tinnitus treated?

Query: i have a problem in my ears that always used to sound at night and i get distracted i think i have a tinnitus problem and still now i didn't visited to a doctor because I'm afraid to get mri and CT scan because of these reasons i didn't tell to my parents please help me doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Dear icliniq user, First of all Stop worrying ,start acting today. Relax yourself . Tinnitus can be due to many reasons. simple ear wax deposition to chance of tumor. So don't predict of any severe underlying cause behind the tinnitus that you are suffering from. Are you listening to loud m...  Read Full »

Do tinnitus after ear irrigation indicates ear damage?

Query: Hello doctor, Since about a week and a half ago, I have had tinnitus in my right ear. This was after self irrigating the ear with one of those squeezy syringes that come with the Otex ear drops. Before doing this, I was putting in oil drops for about a week prior. Quite a bit of wax came out, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always dangerous to predict and take action in case of their own health. The tinnitus in your case is not due to earwax, it may be due to the blockage of the eustachian tube (tube connecting middle ear and back of the nasal cavity, its primary work is to equalize ...  Read Full »

Will removing ear wax help with my ear pain and tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing ongoing war popping sensations as if I have gotten off a plane for the last two months. For the last few weeks, I have experienced slight ear pain and symptoms of tinnitus. I have tried an ear wax removal kit but still have underlying symptoms.  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could not understand what is the point of removing wax here without observing the ear canal. Please get it very clear, your eustachian tube (tube connecting the backside of the nose and middle ear) is blocked and some maneuver (Valsalva maneuver) under supervision will ...  Read Full »

Why do I hear a ringing noise in one ear better than the other?

Query: Please give me a meaningful response as i cant aford to reply and i am scared that i am slowly losing my hearing or something. I have had tinnitus in my ears for about 7 months now and it sounds kind of like T.V. static and its not loud so its okay, but today my phone emited a very high pitch sound ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to Icliniq. There are different causes of Tinnitis (ringing in ears) like Infections, loss of cells, inflammation, advancing age or few other diseases of inner ear. At your age hearing loss is less common unless having a disease. there are two possibilities Ear which hears high pitc...  Read Full »

What are the causes of hearing loss?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is suffering from hearing loss for the last 10 days. There is no pain in the ear, but sudden hearing loss. She can hear, but hearing capacity reduced by more than 30%. Please tell me some solution for this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The description of rapid progression of hearing loss of your mother-in-law fits into a sudden hearing loss. It needs detailed history and examination. What are the onset and progression of hearing loss? Did she have any trauma? Is she on any drug or antibiotic? Is th...  Read Full »