Tinnitus

My sinus problem is aggravating my tinnitus. What should I do now?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had tinnitus for five to seven years now. I had suffered a lot during the initial years as there was no solution and doctors had to control using anti-depressants. I am on a regular low dose of Escitalopram even now. My tinnitus is a very shrill sound and has no trigger or cause a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your tinnitus problem could be due to sinusitis, which blocks the eustachian tube and causes tinnitus. But if the tinnitus is due to sinus problem it should subside with decongestants, etc. In your case, I do not think so that your ear problem is due to sinusitis. To...  Read Full »

After taking medications for anxiety and insomnia, my dad's condition has got worse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad is 64 years old and suffers from severe constipation, anxiety, numbness in his arms but only during sleep, buzzing in ears, and insomnia. He cannot sleep at all at night we have to give him sleeping pills sometimes, does not talk much to us but always wants us to be beside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will suggest some of the medications as well as remedies for quick result. First of all, do not be so anxious everything will be gonna alright. Ringing in the ear is known as tinnitus. Please follow these precautions to prevent the buzzing sound in the ear. 1. Av...  Read Full »

What causes headaches with dizziness and tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering with headaches, a feeling of pressure in my head, occasional dizziness and tinnitus. I am on the waiting list to see a neurologist, but in the meantime I paid for 2 non-contrast MRI scans 6 months apart, both of which came back normal, apart from the second one picked u...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that two MRI are more than enough to exclude any possible brain tumor (attchment removed to protect patient identity). The pineal cyst may be an incidental finding, as it does not seem to be related to the ...  Read Full »

How to aid healing of ear perforation?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a perforated right ear for more than two years. I do not want surgery. Also antibiotics did not work. What are the best steps to be taken?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ear perforation (ruptured eardrum) can be safe or unsafe. An unsafe perforation has to be operated otherwise life is in danger. A safe perforation can be left unoperated and yet tried to achieve closure. If small perforation then body can heal it and close it if free o...  Read Full »

I have constant pressure around the ear and nerve twitches. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ear pain going all the way down to my foot. I also have vertigo and tinnitus. It has been two years. I feel constant pressure around ear and nerve twitches in whole body. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. As you say you have radiating ear pain along with pressure around the ear and vertigo and tinnitus. There can be many reasons to this. Have you got any checkup done? If not I feel right away you will need the following investigations: ...  Read Full »

Why did my tinnitus not improve even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old male. Two years back I had severe running nose and could not breathe through nose, especially during the night. Then, I was diagnosed with antrochoanal polyp in my right nose. After taking medications I no longer felt cold and running nose. However, my right nostril...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The nasal blockage did not cause tinnitus and hence, it is not relieved. The FESS surgery (functional endoscopic sinus surgery) you had was for nasal blockage and its consequences of auditory tube blockage and middle ear fluid retention. Now after surgery, your nose i...  Read Full »

Why have I got tinnitus after sinusitis infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I was seen at Emergency Care and diagnosed with a sinus infection. My eardrums were red and there was fluid behind them. I was prescribed to have Zithromycin 250 mg (Z-pak), which I have been taking. Now, four days later, my left ear is completely plugged, and the right ear is somewha...  Read Full »

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you had sinusitis,it is very likely that the infection has spread to your ear which is causing the blocking sensation. I would also like to know whether you are suffering from tinnitus for long? Have you had age-related hearing loss earlier as well? Do you have ea...  Read Full »

My balance gets impaired when I shake my head. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have never had any medical condition prior. I spent a very cold day outside and woke up the next day with a feel of dizzy (like I am drunk), queasy and tired. There is no pain, cough or discharge. When I move my head from side to side my balance gets impaired...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to inner ear infection leading to impairment of balance on head movements and ringing sensation in ear known as tinnitus. You need ear examination and complete vestibular functions assessment and evaluation by an ENT (ear, nose and throat...  Read Full »

Will eye glasses help in fixing monocular diplopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bilateral monocular diplopia. This began five months ago along with unilateral tinnitus of the left ear. Tinnitus is constant. Eyesight is rapidly deteriorating. I had several new glasses prescriptions that help slightly with the double vision but are not completely resolved. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to panic about your brain. The double vision is not related to any neurological disorder. Anyway, I would recommend checking the thyroid hormone levels. Regarding the tinnitus, it seems to be related to an inner ear infection as there is a pre...  Read Full »

I experience ringing sound with itching in the ear. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two days, I have a ringing sound in my right ear. I have not been exposed to loud music but for the last week are so I had itching and the day before the ringing started and my right ear was blocked. So I cleared it with hydrogen peroxide but the ringing is not going away...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What doctor has prescribed you is correct. Audiometry will see if you have any associated hearing loss and tympanometry will see if there is any middle ear infection that is causing hearing loss. (though the prescription is not attached). Wisdom tooth will cause radiat...  Read Full »