Tinnitus

Is Tinnex effective in treating tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild tinnitus effect. Continuous multi-frequency unreal sound coming in both ears and sometimes one particular tone become loud (tolerable) and lasts for 5-10 seconds and again goes to same state. I mean I have continuous mild ringing and sometime some tone becomes loud and again ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, tinnitus is a difficult condition to treat. Generally originates from hair cells in inner ear. If all investigations are normal, then various medicines can be tried. Tinnex (Caroverine) or Tinnicar 20 mg twice a day for 15 days followed by 40 mg twice a day can ...  Read Full »

I have ringing in my ears for a long time. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have ringing in my ears as long as I can remember, but I have never thought to ask about it until now. Is there something I should be doing? Should I be seeing someone?  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welocme to icliniq.com. The ringing sensation, tinnitus is a subjective sensation, hence should never be neglected. Yes if proper tests are done and you rule out any pathology then we can start behavioural therapy with which you slowly neglect the sounds. Tinnitus is the first sign of path...  Read Full »

I hear some sound when I stay in a silent environment. Is it tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, When we are in silence, we always hear some sound. I know we are not in a vacuum, so some external sound will always be audible house noises, etc.? Hope this is not tinnitus. Even sensory deprivation of ear causes body noises and hallucinations, read in places that are created as 0 dB...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not tinnitus. Tinnitus would be heard easily, trouble you, and you would not have to search for it specifically. Tinnitus would be heard even in an environment with some sound not sufficient to mask tinnitus. It may interfere with your daily activities. And y...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with tinnitus. What could be the cause for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with tinnitus, and it is driving me crazy for the past 5.5 months. In my CTA examination, my upper cervical spine demonstrates some moderate facet arthritis primarily at c2 and c3. It also shows an incomplete fusion of the posterior arch of c1 and mild cervical s...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical spine abnormalities can cause vertigo but not tinnitus. A zygomatic bone fracture can be a cause of tinnitus if it is impinging on the mandible. But that would be more due to chewing and movements of the lower jaw, and sinusitis can also cause tinnitus if it...  Read Full »

Does tinnitus go away on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I developed tinnitus which is not yet corrected. At that time, I had water trapped in my right ear but now my ear blockage problem is resolved but my tinnitus problem is not resolved. After this, I went to an ENT and he told me I have a swelling in my left ear. Now he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, do not worry and do not go to some conclusion after an internet search. Now coming to your problem, Tinnitus is not a disease in itself but a mere symptom that is associated with varying number of diseases. By definition, it is a sound perceived for mo...  Read Full »

Is ringing in my left ear due to sound from a loudspeaker?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to a chant few days back. There the loudspeaker was very loud. The very next day I noticed that there is ringing in my left ear. Now, it has been four days, but it has not gone. Can you help me? I am very scared. Has it caused any effect on my eardrum? Please see to it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history of noise exposure and symptoms, it is suggestive of acoustic trauma. It occurs after a single exposure to very intense sound which cause damage to the organ of corti or damage the hair cells. Symptoms include ringing sensation in ear known as tinni...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after using headphones. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I us...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My understanding and inference is that the pain is not related to the earphones or sound level. This is because of loud noise which usually produces classical symptoms like giddiness, ringing sound in ear, hearing loss, intolerance to loud sounds and some pain in ear. Y...  Read Full »

Why do I hear strange noise at night?

Query: Hi doctor, Around three months back, I started to hear a strange noise at night. We live in a village. Apart from the odd barking dog and passing car, it is silent, especially at night. However, I started to hear what sounded like a distant engine, but it never got any closer. It is almost like a dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you get pure tone audiometry and tympanometry. We will know if you have any hearing loss and pressure changes in your ear. Also, in a few thyroid patients, tinnitus is common. But, you should get the above tests done for a correct diagnosis. If they are fin...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom you are experiencing is called tinnitus. Tinnitus is not always due to a sinister cause. Simple conditions of the ear like wax or ear infections both of external ear canal and middle ear can cause it. First and foremost you must know that tinnitus may be ...  Read Full »

Why am I hearing metallic scratching sound for the past one month?

Query: Hello doctor, I am continuously hearing a metallic scratching sound for the past one month. Best described as like the sound of cricket insects as heard in the dead of night. I am taking medication, namely, Syndopa plus, Rasalect, Pramipex ER3, Rozucor, and Amantrel for Parkinson for last seven yea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have tinnitus. Has it been there only for a month? Is it associated with any decreased hearing? Is it there in both ears? Is the tinnitus accompanied by vertigo or vomiting sensation or fullness in ears? Have you done any testing for the same? ...  Read Full »