Tinnitus

Does impaired hearing at high-frequency cause drunk feeling?

Query: Hi doctor, I have ear fullness, tinnitus, and feeling drunk all the time. I had a hearing test. All was normal except at 8000 Hertz it drops to 40 decibels. Would this cause the drunk feeling? One ENT said maybe and the other said no. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have Meniere's disease. Restrict salt from your food and drink an adequate amount of water daily. You need to perform a vestibulonystagmography (VNG) to confirm the diagnosis. What is the charatcer of the tinnitus? Is it pulsating or continuous like shshshshshsh...  Read Full »

How to treat a whooshing sound in one ear with earache?

Query: Hi doctor, I hear a whooshing sound in my left ear with earache for a week. Behind the ear, it is red and sore with spots.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a whooshing sound in your left ear for a week with an earache and it is red with soreness behind the ear. Many people hear the whooshing sound or pulsatile tinnitus on one ear due to the turb...  Read Full »

Are Bioflavonoids effective in treating ringing sounds in the ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing plugged ears or stuffed ears for the past few weeks. Last week, I got a hit on my head and I took Advil. When I slept, I began to hear a ringing sound in my right ear. I went to the doctor and he checked my ears. He told me that my eardrums are fine but I think I can ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound in the ear lasting for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, then it is not significant. Usually, it hears more in a quiet environment and it is more noticeable when you fall asleep. Crowded and noisy places serve as...  Read Full »

What causes mild tinnitus and pain behind the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mild tinnitus and pain at the back of the skull behind the ear. I also have pain in both temples next to the ear. I wanted to ask what causes this as I have on and off pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when you started having these problems?  Read Full »

Why is my left ear hurting these past few days?

Query: Hi doctor,My left ear is hurting a lot for the past few days and it is extremely painful. I do not have a cough or cold. But I have allergic rhinitis and I do not have any allergic attack recently. The ear is full and I can hear a ringing sound. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound or a wind-like sound in the ear that lasts for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound you are describing is usually caused due to the dysfunction of the eustachian tube. It...  Read Full »

What could cause occasional instability in walking with tinnitus and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old female. I have occasional instability when walking, pressure in the left half of the head, headache, constipation and tinnitus, and occasional nausea. I recently made medical tests, and I have attached it. I am not taking any medication at the moment.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, I cannot access your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Could you please upload them as images? Regarding your concern, your symptoms could be related to different possible causes: 1. Lot of stress. 2. Ne...  Read Full »

I have muscle twitching with tinnitus in ears. What causes it?

Query: Wanted to get opinion. Age 20, male, no health conditions (sorry for the long story) About a year ago, I started to experience widespread muscle twitching. They are primarily in my calves when I'm resting but typically ALL over. Random times, random places, intermittent, and random intensities star...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello ! Sorry to know regarding all this, I went through all Of those points 1) Random twitches , random places and random timing —-so this per say could be mainly because of few reasons . Vitamin B 12 defieciency , Vitamin D Defieciency , benign fasiculation syndrome , Anxiety . Any seriou...  Read Full »

Does tinnitus go away on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I developed tinnitus which is not yet corrected. At that time, I had water trapped in my right ear but now my ear blockage problem is resolved but my tinnitus problem is not resolved. After this, I went to an ENT and he told me I have a swelling in my left ear. Now he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, do not worry and do not go to some conclusion after an internet search. Now coming to your problem, Tinnitus is not a disease in itself but a mere symptom that is associated with varying number of diseases. By definition, it is a sound perceived for mo...  Read Full »

What should I do to prevent a buzzing sound in my ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a buzzing sound in my ears for the past few days. I want a reading of the enclosed x-ray. Currently, I am on Exforge for mild hypertension.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Bilateral maxillary sinuses appear hazy with suspected fluid level or polyps, more likely to be polyps. Mild deviation of the septum with decreased airway in the left side of t...  Read Full »

Will a slight whistle sound in the ears go on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. For the last ten days, I hear a slight whistle noise in my ears, which becomes loud when I sit in my room, and there are no outside loud noises. I suffered from a common cold and fever 12-13 days back and felt heaviness and itching in the right ear after cold ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to be due to eustachian tube dysfunction (aggravated after cold). You start taking an oral and nasal decongestant for a week. Start steroid nasal spray for two weeks. Do steam inhalation and Valsalva exercise. If your symptoms persist, please meet...  Read Full »