Tinnitus

Why is my left ear hurting these past few days?

Query: Hi doc! My left ear has been hurting the past few days and it's been really painful. I do not have a cough or cold, although i have allergic rhinitis, i haven't had any allergy attack since the quarantine started. The ear has been feeling full and i hear ringing. Thank you for your help and respons...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, A ringing sound or wind like sound in the ear lasting for more than 5 minutes is called tinnitus. If less than 5 minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound u r describing can be caused due to dysfunctional eustachian tube, ie the tube connecting the ear & the nose. Usually it ...  Read Full »

Are Bioflavonoids effective in treating ringing sounds in the ear?

Query: I’ve been experiencing slight feelings of plugged or stuffed ears the past few weeks. Last week, I took a hit to the head and took Advil afterwards. When I slept I began to feel ringing in my right ear. I went to my doctor and he checked my ear and said my eardrums were fine but said I might h...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, A ringing sound in the ear lasting for more than 5 minutes is called tinnitus. If less than 5 minutes, it is not significant. Usually it is more in quiet environments & more noticeable when you are attempting to fall asleep. Crowded & noisy places serve as a distraction & don't l...  Read Full »

Why is there a low-pitched hum heard in my left ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a low-pitched hum in my left ear, which started five months back, at night when stressed, with no other symptoms. I started ear drops Ciprodex otic (Ciprofloxacin and Dexamethasone). I started oral medicines (APO - Amoxi Clav 875/125 mg), and I finished 14 tablets within 24 days. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where is the white cauliflower look? It appears to be a bulging blue mass behind an intact drum. It seems like a hemotympanum (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Can you attach a different picture? It may be a camera settings giving it a different co...  Read Full »

Do intratympanic steroids help severe tinnitus?

Query: Ive had severe tinnitus due to initial noise trauma for a month. Nobody in the ER will help me. Would an ENT assist with intratypanic steroids as I fear this is permanent? Im only 25 and have a career ahead of me as a pilot. acute. perscribed prednisone and lorazopram. when tapering prednisone nois...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your concern, Tinnitus is the perception of ringing sound. It is of 2 types 1) Subjective (only patients hear) 2)Objective (Patients and doctor hears) Tinnitus is not a disease but rather a symptom of some other underlying health condition. There are various causes...  Read Full »

How is tinnitus treated?

Query: Tinnitus problem from last one year .  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your concern, Tinnitus is the perception of ringing sound. It is of 2 types 1) Subjective (only patients hear) 2)Objective (Patients and doctor hears) Tinnitus is not a disease but rather a symptom of some other underlying health condition. There are various cause...  Read Full »

Why do I get debilitating migraine and tinnitus after viral infection recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a viral infection before few months, where I was too sick with cold symptoms and GI problems. After I recovered, I had a sudden onset of tachycardia, hypotension, and had a full cardiovascular workup. I was put on Midodrine. That has resolved. Since then, I have had debilitat...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq.com. You had post-viral autonomic disturbances like tachycardia and hypotension that was recovered. After that, you had a severe daily migraine, and for the same, you were started on injection Emgality and Xanax. And now you have tinnitus and since last three days tingling...  Read Full »

Will changing BP medication help with my tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from tinnitus for the past one month. Sometimes mild and sometimes severe. I did a hearing test and the result is no hearing loss. I have an appointment with an ENT in two days to carry out more tests. However, I have been doing a bit of research so I have a few...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no hearing loss evident in conventional hearing test, go for high-frequency audiometry and s matching test. Which type of sound are you perceiving ringing or buzzing, pulse-like or noise type? Does it change with neck movement to the left and right. Tinni...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to vertigo or a brain tumor?

Query: Hello I am 24 years old. 3 years back I had a vertigo kind of thing I see a doctor he gave me some meds and it was ok Now from last few days like 20 days I have these symptoms 1) I feel like things around me are in motion (too and fro ) 2) it gets worse when I try to sleep and lie on bed or fl...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, I would like to know some details of your symptoms: 1. what exactly you feel in these symptoms of to & fro: - Do you see surrounding objects rotating around yourself? - Do you only feel surroundings be swinging, but on seeing by eyes everything looks to kept at stable place? - D...  Read Full »

Why do I get restless and have headaches due to loud noise in the ears?

Query: Pls I'm dying from a loud noise that erupts from the inner part of my ears which also affects my head and as a result i get restless always. It started six years back, and has become chronic now. I had similar issues where I had a chronic headache that lasted for sometimes before it stopped. It comp...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for providing a brief history. The most common reason for this could be due to migraine. It is extremely important for you to understand the triggering cause of the migraine which has led to ringing sounds arising from the inner ear. There are numerous medications out there in the market,...  Read Full »

Does muffled hearing result from listening to loud music using earbuds?

Query: Hi Doctor, Im 16 years old and for the past month, I’ve been experiencing tinnitus in my left ear. For some background, I also experienced tinnitus for about 2 weeks a few months back. When it started, I was listening to music louder than I should have during a good part (about 80%) and I fel...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi Icliniq user , Atleast am happy that you are now not crossing the warning sign while listening to music. Step-1. Don't use earphones for taking calls and music , use it in speaker mode and at moderate volume. Step-2 . Sometimes Puretone Audiometry (hearing test) doesn't reveal the intial...  Read Full »