I am a 14-year-old male. I have throat pain on the left side for three days, escalating each day and getting worse. My symptoms are tired, throat feels swollen, sleeping more than usual, and hurts on swallowing.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Causes of throat pain can be infections in tonsils (i.e) tonsillitis or infection in the posterior wall of pharynx (i.e) pharyngitis. In both cases throat pain is severe and it hurts during swallowing.
1) Start on antibiotics to combat the infection. Combination of capsule containing Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg to be taken twice daily for five days.
2) Analgesic to relieve pain. Aceclofenac tablet twice daily for five days.
3) An antacid half an hour before food twice daily.
4) Antipyretic paracetamol twice daily if having a fever.
5) Salt water gargles and chewing lozenges three to four times a day also helps.
6) Drink plenty of hot fluids like tea, soup, etc.
I hope this helps.
Query: Hello doctor, My ENT doctor told me that I am having granulation with pharyngitis. He applied silver nitrate. Will I be fine? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor,I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, During my travel I had a sore throat, 102 degree fever and back aches. I did not have a stuffy nose or congestion. I previously had bladder infection three weeks ago and the doctor whom I visited in that place prescribed me Levofloxacin. I think he was treating me for a kidney infection, ... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now