Q. I have an abscessed tooth. How long will it take to spread?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 26 years old female. I have an abscess in my tooth for over a year now. I am getting it infected for the second time now. The previous infection was before six months. It is present at the bottom of one of my lower molars. It hurts me a lot. How long will it take to spread throughout the body?

#

There is a less chance to have the infection spreading to the whole body. But, sometimes, it happens when the swelling gets increased and when the fever becomes uncontrollable for two to three days. There is a chance to have a cystic lesion due to the chronic infection. You can treat it either by doing a root canal or get it removed as soon as possible. During the meantime, take Augmentin 625 (Amoxycillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. It will eradicate your infection at this stage, and it prevents further spread.

|