Q. I have an abscessed tooth. How long will it take to spread?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Nov 22, 2018

I am 26 years old female. I have an abscess in my tooth for over a year now. I am getting it infected for the second time now. The previous infection was before six months. It is present at the bottom of one of my lower molars. It hurts me a lot. How long will it take to spread throughout the body?

#

There is a less chance to have the infection spreading to the whole body. But, sometimes, it happens when the swelling gets increased and when the fever becomes uncontrollable for two to three days. There is a chance to have a cystic lesion due to the chronic infection. You can treat it either by doing a root canal or get it removed as soon as possible. During the meantime, take Augmentin 625 (Amoxycillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. It will eradicate your infection at this stage, and it prevents further spread.

Which is better for tooth abscess in 4 year old- pulpotomy or extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old kid has tooth abscess with pus on the upper arc of front teeth. The pus drains and again comes. We have given antibiotics but the problem again comes. What should we do now - tooth extraction or pulpotomy?  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Which drug works better for throat infection,Augmentin or Azithromycin?

Query: Hello doctor, Which drug works better for throat infection, Augmentin or Azithromycin?  Read Full »