Q. I have tooth pain and a white lump on my upper gum. What could it be?

Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 05, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 29, 2018

I recently started having tooth pain and it has not gone away. I do have a white lump on my upper gum but I have had it for a while. Sometimes, it goes away and then comes back. My tooth pain almost feels like a cavity but I am not sure.

#

It seems your tooth is having a chronic abscess due to infection reaching the pulp and beyond the roots of the tooth and the white swelling is an abscess. I suggest you consult your dentist who will take an X-ray of the tooth and will confirm the diagnosis and explain the treatment and prescribe the medication. Mostly, if the case is of abscess and if there is enough tooth structure, you will have to go for a root canal treatment followed by a crown. So, do not worry. Another possibility can be a gingival abscess, but in this, pain on chewing is rare.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|