Q. What are the ways to treat wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Answered by Dr. Tooba Qazi and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Tooth Eruption or Salt Water Gargling? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and speaking at times due to the pain. My teeth have become extremely sensitive to hot or cold items, my teeth are so sore that I struggle to chew food since my molars cannot touch without resulting in an incredible amount of pain. I do not have any swelling in my jaw or neck aside from my gums. I have been taking as much Advil as is safe in a day and some CBD oil as well. However, nothing seems to be helping. I am really worried that I have an infection and how long I should wait before going to an emergency room.