Tooth Eruption

Why is my retromolar trigone swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two pea-sized bumps on my retromolar pad, and it is bothersome when I swallow. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, I find this is mostly due to the wisdom tooth eruption. The swelling on the retromolar pad should be the reflection of the underlying unerupted wisdom tooth (third molar ) on that side. The gum layer should be thick enough to restrict the wisdom toot...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen gum near the molar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have got a swelling in gums near the area of wisdom tooth for the past three days. Now, it is paining a lot. Please prescribe any medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your complaint and the relevant details. The swelling of the gums is because of the infection around the erupting wisdom tooth. Also, there will be clogged food particles within the gums in that region. To get rid of the pain, I suggest tablet Ketorol DT (K...  Read Full »

One of my molars is swollen. Does that mean eruption of new tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and my grandfather said I might be teething because one of my molars are swollen. He said once I lose this molar, a new one comes in. Is that true?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He is not wrong nor right. If your molar in the age of 8 was not replaced with a permanent one and if there is any chance of having a molar in eruption stage then it may be true. Generally swelling around teeth comes due to gum inflammation or due to some infection i...  Read Full »

I have swollen gums where wisdom tooth is erupting. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my right side bottom wisdom tooth is coming as there is a ball on the back side of my gum that is really swollen. It almost feels like a pimple and the area around it has white lines on the inner cheek wall. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is not much pain, it is better to let it grow fully. It may take a month or two to fully come out. If it does not, and the area gets painful then better to get an X-ray done for its exact position. Use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two. Us...  Read Full »

How can I manage wisdom tooth eruption pain?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two weeks, my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my face have been coming in. The pain has been incredibly severe and is almost unbearable at this point. I have been experiencing headaches and tenderness pain in my neck, jaw, and gums. I have trouble moving my jaw and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand this pain. It is like erupting pressure pain caused at every 2 to 3 months interval. Since you are done with Advil (Ibuprofen) and it is not going away. Please start taking the following antibiotic regime as soon as possible. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin...  Read Full »

I am having painful wisdom tooth eruption. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wisdom tooth is growing. It is very painful. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This eruption pain occurs in every 2 or 3 months. To suppress it you must do this antibiotic course: Tablet Augmentin 625 mg, two times a day, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg, two times a day, tablet Brufen (painkiller) 400 mg, two times a day but if the pain is severe take...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from discomfort caused due to wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting wisdom teeth at the back of my mouth. Now I am 22. But I am teething and it feels uncomfortable. What to do to get relief from it?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom tooth eruption will occur periodically. You will feel pain and pressure in months. For relief, you may take tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. Put oral gel Clinica (Chlorhexidine with Metronidazole) three to four times a day for a week in that particu...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in gum covering wisdom tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, The gums where my wisdom tooth is present is in pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your age? Wisdom tooth gets erupted in ages between 19 to 30. They put eruption pressure after every three weeks or so. If its position is not vertical or they are tilted or are impacted in bone, they start causing severe pain. For it the first line of treatment...  Read Full »

Severe pain due to wisdom tooth eruption. How to manage the pain till I visit my dentist?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having major pain in the back bottom right side of my mouth where my wisdom tooth is pushing in. I can see the wisdom tooth. What can I do for pain since the earliest my dentist can see me is in a week?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. You need to use Hydrogen peroxidase 3% mouth wash. Make sure the concentration must not be more than that. You can also use antibiotics only after consulting your dentist. You can also provide further det...  Read Full »

What can be done for tooth growing out of gums in an abnormal position and causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are all over the place and I have wanted a brace for years but the dentists keep telling me I need to wait till my teeth fall out as they will not put me to sleep to take them all out but they have not even noticed that I have a tooth which grows out of the gum to separate wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, by 13 years of age, all milk teeth should have fallen out. If not, then you can ask them to be removed. Also, as the permanent canines are growing out from sideways you can ask your dentist to remove the milk tooth directly below it as soon as possible to allow...  Read Full »