Q. Permanent tooth is mobile after a fall in a child. Kindly help.

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Feb 07, 2019

My 9-year-old fell and one of her permanent teeth is now wiggly. What can I do?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

If bleeding is persistent, give your kid cold packs of cotton on the tooth or make him eat ice-cream. If it is not suitable in this weather then put honey around the tooth.

Once bleeding is controlled, now start with saline water mouth rinses. Take a cup of lukewarm water, add a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it and rinse with it. Do these rinses 6 to 8 times a day, it heals up gums and helps gums to grow and bind to the root margins of the tooth. If after a day tooth is still mobile and mobility is grade 3 (severe mobility), take him to the dentist immediately. Meanwhile, keep giving your kid Brufen syrup eight hourly, three times a day for three days.

It would be great if you can provide me with a video of mobility of tooth so that I can tell accurately will mobility be covered through rinses or splinting of the tooth by the dentist is required.

Please suggest a way to get instant relief from sensitive teeth.

Query: Hi doctor,I have tooth sensitivity problem. I am suffering from this problem since last two months. I am unable to drink water also. I tried many sensitivity toothpastes, but it does not work properly. Please suggest me a proper drug or suggestion for instant relief.  Read Full »

How to treat my front tooth that is loose and crooked?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth is going to fall out. It is very crooked and loose for about four to five years. Then, I started to have anxiety, and I am grinding my teeth bad. It got looser and looser for the past couple of years. Now, I have deep, sharp pains in my gums on that side. It hurts me a lot...  Read Full »

Swollen gums with bad smell from drilled teeth.

Query: Hello doctor, My bottom teeth were drilled for a root canal but after drilling doctor told that my teeth have a split and he filled that hole with a cavity. From the past one year, my gum was swollen and bad smell is coming out from that teeth. From the past one month, I have had bumps on my back o...  Read Full »