Q. How can tooth sensitivity and bad breath be cured?

Dr. Deepti Jakhmola

I am feeling sensitivity in my teeth and my mouth smells as well. What should I do?

#

As stated by you this seems to be the case of gums disease commonly called pyorrhoea.

There are different reasons of teeth sensitivity.
Most commonly sensitivity to all teeth and bad smell from the mouth is caused by gum disease gingivitis or periodontitis.
Other cause for sensitivity can be a generalized teeth erosion resulting due to gastroesophageal reflux in which due to acidity, the outer layer of teeth is washed off by acid. This also causes a foul smell.

OPG (full mouth X-ray).

Generalized teeth erosion due to GERD.

Chronic generalized periodontitis.

Treatment planning would depend upon the cause.

Avoid having very hot or very cold food and drinks.

Mention the history of chronic acidity and gastritis. Send an image of the oral cavity (mouth) for better and specific treatment planning.

|