Q. Kindly prescribe medications for wisdom tooth pain and gum swelling.

Dr. Palak Jain
Published on Aug 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

These days I am suffering from the pain of wisdom teeth. The gum swelling hurts. It is all right at day but worse at night. I am wondering what kind of medicine can I take to relieve my pain.

Dr. Palak Jain

Dentistry
#

As you complained of pain in your wisdom tooth. Gum swelling is present. Medicines advised are antibiotics: Tablet Amoxicillin 500 mg with Clavulanic acid 125 mg (Augmentin 625 mg) (after meal), analgesic: Tablet Diclofenac (50 mg) + Paracetamol 325 mg + Serratiopeptidase (15 mg) (after meal), tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg (before meal). Advise to show to your dentist also.

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full »

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen gum near the molar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have got a swelling in gums near the area of wisdom tooth for the past three days. Now, it is paining a lot. Please prescribe any medicine.  Read Full »