Q. My husband consumed Lizol. Can it cause serious problems?

Dr. Philile Donna Bongekile Hlengwa

My husband consumed one full cap of Lizol. Can it cause serious things? Should I go to the doctor immediately?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I am assuming that by Lizol you are referring to the disinfectant and floor cleaner. Yes, there are possible toxic complications if your husband does not seek medical care immediately. Please give him two glasses of water to drink and go to the emergency room immediately.

Symptoms that may develop are nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. There are other more serious complications that a doctor at an emergency room will be able to monitor for. All the best on your trip. Please do let me know how things are going once you reach the hospital.

Blood tests to be done - CBC (complete blood count), electrolytes, urea, creatinine, calcium, magnesium, and phosphate.

Treatment - Vitals monitoring, intravenous fluids, 24-hour observation.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|